·
Court Jester
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Court Jester
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with supersport just for simplicity of switching back and forth. Im no pro. Most of the really fast guys (and a lot of the instructors) were running superbike with foam.
I wont be switching, and the supersport tail is a bitch to get the tabs in on the side fairings and the bottom, I have mine rigged just to stay connected to the other fairings. I was hoping the superbike would install better with less connecting to the other fairings...

Need to pull the trigger in the next month I'm almost done with the street bike and will be moving on to the track bike.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Superbike tail is the way to go for the track. Make sure to do a good job attaching the seat pad, though. Scuff the paint and warm it a little before so the adhesive gets a really good grip. Sucks when it comes loose later and sticks to your leathers during a track day. Ask me how I know...

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'd go with the superbike tail Tyler, and order soon, last time I got body work from them it took 3 months, but that was after the guy bought out sharkskinz and was consolidating the 3 companies I believe it is together. The quality is so good.

·
Court Jester
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the trigger on a set of CRC yesterday. I went with the superbike tail, it looks to be what I’m looking for on the track bike.

I know you guys are pro Sharkskinz, and I’m sure the are a good product but.... I never even got a reply from CS.... not a good start.

I tried to do my research on CRC and it looks like they either are now or are distributed by Reactive Parts in the UK. A good amount of racers are using them, more good reviews than bad. All holes are supposed to be drilled with Duz installed.

And there was price which of course might come back to “bite” me lol.
Sharkskinz $1300 shipped , CRC 800 shipped. Suppose to be 7-9 days for delivery from across the pond.

I will post up my review :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
sounds good Tchase, so you're getting a whole set it sounds like. Going white to match the street 848?

·
Court Jester
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds good Tchase, so you're getting a whole set it sounds like. Going white to match the street 848?
Yep entire set I also last minute purchased the snorkles..

Funny you ask, these come coated in black I was thinking about going “dark”, but then remembered the tank is white...

So what it would cost to paint, I might be able to pick up a used black tank?

Meh, let’s see how they fit. If they fit as well as I’m hoping ( no Jerry rigging), I won’t mind paying to have them painted.

I just got tracking today so hopefully Friday they deliver.

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's track bodywork. Give it a quick scuff with ultrafine scotchbrite, wipe it with a tack free cloth, then paint it with spray cans. With a little taping, you can even get fancy.

A little tip... After you have fitted the bodywork, paint the inside of the bodywork with primer gray. It looks more professional and also makes it easier to clean. When you paint the outside, tape the backside of holes so the gray isn't 'painted over' with the outer colour.

Most important - fit the bodywork to the bike completely before any prep for paint. Allow the lowers to sit on the low side so the exhaust doesn't burn the fibreglass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts