Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone encounter this error before?

I have this random error, usually if I left the bike overnight in a open carpark.

The bike will still start up, but all the settings such as clock will be reset.

Speedometer Auto part Gauge Vehicle Odometer

·
Registered
182 Posts
See attached for the visible part of the cable, you will have to remove the two panels to get to the bolt. Your owner manual list the procedure as the first step to remove the battery, you just need to tighten the bolt. In my case I checked the battery cables as well just to be sure but if you find the cable loose tighten it and see if that fix it before taking the battery out to check the cables. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See attached for the visible part of the cable, you will have to remove the two panels to get to the bolt. Your owner manual list the procedure as the first step to remove the battery, you just need to tighten the bolt. In my case I checked the battery cables as well just to be sure but if you find the cable loose tighten it and see if that fix it before taking the battery out to check the cables. Good luck.
Thanks, will take a look at it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If I were you I would check the battery connections or take it back to the dealer. it is a loose ground or battery terminal for sure.
It is really more of an annoyance than anything else because of the clock and the. rest of the stats. The custom DTC/ABS stays regardless.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I were you I would check the battery connections or take it back to the dealer. it is a loose ground or battery terminal for sure.
It is really more of an annoyance than anything else because of the clock and the. rest of the stats. The custom DTC/ABS stays regardless.
Ok, will going back to the dealer.
BTW, are you having the exact same error displayed? I will let the technical guys know if it is the same.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was told that there was a new firmware and they updated it for me.
Will monitor it for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was told that there was a new firmware and they updated it for me.
Will monitor it for a couple of weeks.
There is!

I just had mine for service and he told me that within a couple of weeks I'd get a mail from Ducati asking me to go to my Service shop and get it updated. Supposedly it's exactly for this (and more) errors that they didn't catch during user acceptance testing.

Now, my guy did it already for me. I have race Termi's on, and everything is working as before; though I didn't have the error (or others) on my bike prior.

And it still runs like a dream and gnarls like a ... monster :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.