Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering swapping my stock mirrors, anything above 65-70 so much vibration, wondering if going to end bar mirrors will solve that problem, but if do not sure if I go for the Rizoma Spy or Rizoma Retro, anyone have experience with these and can offer some insight ??

·
Court Jester
12,025 Posts
Considering swapping my stock mirrors, anything above 65-70 so much vibration, wondering if going to end bar mirrors will solve that problem, but if do not sure if I go for the Rizoma Spy or Rizoma Retro, anyone have experience with these and can offer some insight ??
Yes bar end mirrors will solve your problem with the vibrations. The only down side is you have to make a look down to see the mirrors. It's not horrible but takes getting use to.

I prefer the CRG
https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/mirrors/bar-end-mirrors/crg-arrow-bar-end-mirror-1

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Rizoma Spy R are incredibly well made and are amazing. You can mount them in lots of different ways - sticking up, down or straight out. They have no vibrations either. look lovey in black with the little red ring!

They're just expensive but after trying the knock off Chinese mirrors you definitely get what you pay for.

I have mine forwards and upwards (if that makes sense) as I commute a lot on my monster. So I can't afford the additional width of having them sticking out.

Neil

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rizoma Spy R are incredibly well made and are amazing. You can mount them in lots of different ways - sticking up, down or straight out. They have no vibrations either. look lovey in black with the little red ring!

They're just expensive but after trying the knock off Chinese mirrors you definitely get what you pay for.

I have mine forwards and upwards (if that makes sense) as I commute a lot on my monster. So I can't afford the additional width of having them sticking out.

Neil
what size did you go for ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
...but if do not sure if I go for the Rizoma Spy or Rizoma Retro, anyone have experience with these...
I put bar end mirrors on my 821, not so much due to vibration but to see more than just my elbows.

After settling on Rizoma, I went back and forth between the Spy or Retro. In the end, I went with the Retros. I really like the look of the bar end mirrors and it did take a little while to train my eyes where to look.

The only thing that surprised me about the Retros was how small they actually are. It was difficult to tell in photos. That being said, they still work great and even though they are relatively small compared to OEM, visibility is very good.

Paul

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put bar end mirrors on my 821, not so much due to vibration but to see more than just my elbows.

After settling on Rizoma, I went back and forth between the Spy or Retro. In the end, I went with the Retros. I really like the look of the bar end mirrors and it did take a little while to train my eyes where to look.

The only thing that surprised me about the Retros was how small they actually are. It was difficult to tell in photos. That being said, they still work great and even though they are relatively small compared to OEM, visibility is very good.

Paul
Trying to find someone local so I can see them in person !!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I put the smallest size on - which did the job perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, picked up the Spy R 80mm, can't believe the difference compared to the stock ones, should have done this sooner !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts