Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While looking for deals, I found myself in the Gixxer forum; I swear that is the only reason. Anyways, in an effort to not offend any of this site's sponsors by divulging too much info, I would just like to say, there is a good deal to be found on a set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tires over there. I just picked up a set for my 848.

FWIW, I also found the same deal in a simple search on the 1000RR forum.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=208

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
If you LOVE Pirelli's as much as I do, and want to run them exclusively at a SMOKIN cost feel free to shoot me a PM and I can gladly assist you folks. He's a proud sponsor for many members here and has taken GREAT care of me since I first started racing MANY years ago - due to my Pirelli only fixation.

As Tokyo said "Anyway, in an effort to not offend any of this site's sponsors by divulging too much info" I also would like to remain respectful to them. :)
*And forgive me for adding this within your thread Tokyo (I will be sure to personally refer you with him via email my man!)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No Kidding?

You can post it up in here....as a public service kinda thing ;)
You are without a doubt one of coolest Mods ever my friend WERA! Remember the story I told you about my Dodge forum and how bent they got over me looking out for the membership by hooking them up with my absolutely insane wheel & tire prices, and the best customer service ever found?

Just wanted to remain neutral and respectful to the folks who sell their gear off this site ya know?

**Public Service Announcement - Anyone seeking the best in brand name tires & wheels for your 4 wheel vehicle is welcome to contact me for a personal referral to my good friend who has taken care of hundreds of people! Unbeatable pricing and even better customer service (Blows away Tire Rack) I know everyone has a truck or car right?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Car / Truck?

It's a good deal the problem is when you don't buy from a local shop they charge you a lot more... to mount, balance and dispose.
Chase are you talking about my 4 wheel post?

I know what you mean, but most places will only sack you about $20 per tire to mount them on your vehicle. If you happen to buy a tire & wheel "package" they already get mounted and balanced for you and come WICKED shrink wrapped on a pallet! If just tires, then yeah you need to find a shop you perhaps know the owner or someone who works there to mount n balance them for ya. I will say that the amount of savings you would end up getting would totally blow away anything else enough to make the labor to mount n balance pocket change. Just saying thats all.

For instance (VERY sorry to go off on a different topic here Tokyo- I am gonna send you a PM next with my data ok?) lol.

The XD Series wheels I have on the truck in pics, and Toyo AT II tires together came to about $2600 back when I searched the universe for them. The LAST call I made was to this company that actually ended up posting the best prices on their site. When I called them and asked if they offered a military discount and told them the price I found online, the guy I ended up talking with (and is now one of my better friends) sold me this set for what ended up being just under $1800 n change -delivered! I don't buy from ANYONE else anymore!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
A former racing buddy of mine has the entire manual setup for tires. Its unreal to watch him do the "old school" balancing with that stand type device which the tire turns down to the heaviest spot (on bottom) and does all his bikes that way.
Definitely tedious but something to be said for doing all that stuff yourself ya know?

Hey sorry about the long ass msgs Tokyo & TChase. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is no better guy in the business for Pirelli tires for our bikes than John Hutchinson of South Central Race Center. He is an open book with the tires man. The only guy a shop with. He will talk all day about tire pressures, setup, the whole 9. Hit him up. Gunny turned me on to John and I've never looked back. Tell him Leon from Orlando and Gunny sent you.

South Central Race Center

211 South Persimmon
Suite #100
Tomball, Texas 77375

Phone: 281 255 6004
Fax: 281 255 6359

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
It's a good deal the problem is when you don't buy from a local shop they charge you a lot more... to mount, balance and dispose.
I was talking about the bike tires, but in general the rule does apply
That's why I long ago bought my own bead breaker, a cheap stand, and a static balancer. Paid for themselves many times over doing my own tire changes.
There's pros and cons to each side. Buying online from out of state stores is nice because a lot of times (depending where you buy from) you don't pay shipping or tax, whereas when you buy from a dealer they charge you tax, disposal fee, etc. But in the case of some places they'll charge you much more for mounting tires that are not bought from them than ones that are. I know in the case of my dealer, they charge like $10/wheel for mounting race tires bought from them, whereas otherwise it's like $35/wheel if I remember well.

To me it's all about the brand. Since my dealer sells Bridgestones, if I'm getting Bridgestones I will only buy from them. If I want to try something else, I'll obviously buy elsewhere.

Also, at track days where they have tire service, most places charge 10 or 15/wheel regardless of what tires you're putting on, so that's the cheapest option...you just have to deal with the inconvenience of taking wheels on and off at the track, but that's not really too bad once you've done it a few times.

Reactions: Tokyolow81
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.