Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm crazy I just switched my deposit from a 1098 standard (I was 4th on the list, since dec 1) to a Hypermotard S. I currently have a 748s and I want to try something different, the hypermotard looks like it would be so much fun on the street. I have raced supermotard and loved it. The idea of having a hypermotard on the street just sounds great. Plus I ride about a 100 miles a day. It might be nice to be upright. I hope I just did not do anything stupid :bash:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Hypermotard does look like a lot of fun too. The biggest knock on the Hypermotard is the small fuel tank (11.5 liters =~ 3 gallons).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Mike, what's up? I saw you at the store on Saturday but was a bit busy getting ready for the ride home in 40 mph winds
!!

Any how, Monkeybutt I don't think you will regret that decision at all. The Hypermotard looks like sooo much fun. I want one too!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good luck man !!!!

I like Hypermotard to ! Sweet ride !:yo:

·
Registered
337 Posts
That's so weird; I was talking to another Ducatisti - he owns a SS900 - and we were talking about my wait for the 1098 and he said he'd rather get a Hypermotard.

It does look like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DUCMILLE said:
That's so weird; I was talking to another Ducatisti - he owns a SS900 - and we were talking about my wait for the 1098 and he said he'd rather get a Hypermotard.

It does look like a lot of fun.
The hyper appears to be a fun motorcycle for the street, I have owned many superbikes over the years and I'm looking for something different a new expierence in my motorcycle pedigree. I have been waiting so long for 1098 that I just lost my luster for it, dont get me wrong the 1098 is a beautiful amazing piece of machinery, but I'm in need for a change and the hyper has peaked my interest for that change. I have raced many forms of motorcycles (superbike, dirt tracker, speedway) over the years and the hyper seems to combine those styles of racing for me. I'm stoked.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My brother went from his 749S to a new Aprilia sxv550, it was wild but he hated it, I rode it and it felt so unstable and high after a sports bike, maybe after a while you get used to it but it was enough to put me off them !
Plus the tank range was pathetic, something like 60 miles max !!!!!
It lasted 3 months and it is now gone.
The Hyper looks great but I hope you do not regret it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Monkey Butt ---
Good on you! I've been checking out the KTM Super Duke. Dealer keeps trying to talk me into a test ride. I keep saying no, cuz I'm pretty sure I'd buy it.

Since you've already got a great Superbike in the 748s, would almost be duplicative to get another one.

Check out the vid and article on the Hypermotard at http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/news.html

When do you pick it up??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts