Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 848 that's missing/snatching off throttle opening. Has had cams timed, valves etc done, Akra end cans, Hi flow air filter, exhaust valve defeated, DP ECU, PCV. I think the prob is, the DP ECU map is standard, which I understand is never going to be correct & the PCV has one of their standard maps as well, straight off their web site. The bike goes great other than this prob that makes it a pig to ride in traffic & not great on the track getting back on the throttle out of corners. Figuring a good dyno tune with a custom map for the PCV might help. Can anyone suggest a good experienced Dynojet/Ducati tuner based in Sydney. Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wanted to use Tuneboy, but they have no phone, don't respond to emails, and getting a ton of blowback on their Facebook page about lack of service.....

To be honest I would have thought there would be a ton of replies to this with more options....

Cheers, Phil

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a booking with Zac next Tuesday, so we'll see how it works out. Seems to be saying the right things, custom map for each cylinder etc....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed Tuneboy cause he seemed to have the best rep & the most knowledge on how ECUs are programmed, BUT, I never got a response & his Facebook page is full of people slamming him for no communication....so I've booked with Zac.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Go to Zac, you wont be disappointed. He has extensive knowledge and knows what he is doing.. As for Tuneboy, even he has taken bikes to Zac.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it to Zac. Customer service leaves a bit to be desired, basic lack of communication.....took 2 days to do the tune/mapping. Really didn't solve the basic issue, snatching on throttle opening, but the rest feels smoother. I've had no opportunity to really test the entire throttle range. He HP went from 114 B4 to 117 after. Still waiting for the output charts....oh yeah, bike went in with standard silver fairing screws, came back with black ones....$531 inc new plugs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, got to be on top of Zac. I have taken my MV's and Ducati's there for a few years and he is great with the tune, though you have to be on top of Zac to make sure Steve does the job you have asked.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I have taken it to DMoto to do the valves when I didn't have time & they were great, but can't help with fuelling issues....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts