Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not knocking you, but I'd do more then just a little research on it. Maybe look at existing threads and then decide based on that instead of creating the billionth thread on it. Asking for oil opinions is like asking for opinions on the best beer. It's a running joke and most people avoid it because it's tiresome. Just to give you a start, you have Amsoil, Motul, Royal Purple and Mobil 1 to kick things off. Pick your poison, stick with it and move on to riding.

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
Not knocking you, but I'd do more then just a little research on it. Maybe look at existing threads and then decide based on that instead of creating the billionth thread on it. Asking for oil opinions is like asking for opinions on the best beer. It's a running joke and most people avoid it because it's tiresome. Just to give you a start, you have Amsoil, Motul, Royal Purple and Mobil 1 to kick things off. Pick your poison, stick with it and move on to riding.

I wish I would stop flopping back and for the between motul and mobil :)

Reactions: G8rDuc

·
Registered
527 Posts
I wish I would stop flopping back and for the between motul and mobil :)
I've used both and continue to do so :) I've got both on my shelf. Used Mobil 1 100% all the time in my old 996 which had 30k miles on it when I got rid of it.

The 848 had Motul in it when I got it, had to get rid of the Mobil on my shelf, so I went through that, missed the smell of Motul and went back to it, ROFL. :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Make sure it conforms to the index specified in the owners manual... Personally, I use Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic, and usually add a 1/2 bottle of ZDDP additive to minimize wear on the Desmo magic. Don't add ZDDP if you have a Catalytic Converter.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Motorex, Repsol, Bel Ray....just adding some more brands to the list.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.