Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've owned my 848 Corse for less than a month and had her apart this weekend for a tail tidy. I found one on EBay that is far cheaper than the CW or any other that I found and I wanted to show it off. Check out the pics in my Gallery. Here is the link to the kit. This is a very nice plate bracket, it it solid and the powder coat was top notch. The plate light is LED and nice and bright to keep the police away. DUCATI FENDER ELIMINATOR TAIL TIDY 848 1098 1098S BLACK 2H 2T/S | eBay
It didn't come with resistors or load equalizers for the signals though but I bought those from here: Load Equalizer - Custom LED Universal Flasher Relay Load Equalizer
They have some really nice LED products.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUCATI-FENDER-ELIMINATOR-TAIL-TIDY-848-1098-1098S-BLACK-2H-2T-S-/350499132234?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519b60534a

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks good!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I use the exact same one shown above and love it! Although I always get asked if the signals are legal b/c they are so small yet really bright at night.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi bschuteker,

i have bought the same thing from Ebay and was wondering how you did with the cabels?
I'm worried that it will get very warm from the exhouse pipes and melts the cables or something?

Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wires

Martin,

I just cut and soldered the the wires and then used heat activated shrink wrap on them so they are water tight. T then put a larger piece of shrink wrap around the whole bundle. I zip tied it to the bracket and have had no issues with heat so far.

Bill

·
Registered
13 Posts
The issue with this set up is that lots of crap gets up inside of the back part of the bike because the opening where the wires are fed through isnt covered. This does cause issues in the wet as i found on my way back from a track day a few weeks ago, i am now searching for the solution!

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, I've owned my 848 Corse for less than a month and had her apart this weekend for a tail tidy. I found one on EBay that is far cheaper than the CW or any other that I found and I wanted to show it off. Check out the pics in my Gallery. Here is the link to the kit. This is a very nice plate bracket, it it solid and the powder coat was top notch. The plate light is LED and nice and bright to keep the police away. DUCATI FENDER ELIMINATOR TAIL TIDY 848 1098 1098S BLACK 2H 2T/S | eBay
It didn't come with resistors or load equalizers for the signals though but I bought those from here: Load Equalizer - Custom LED Universal Flasher Relay Load Equalizer
They have some really nice LED products.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUCATI-FENDER-ELIMINATOR-TAIL-TIDY-848-1098-1098S-BLACK-2H-2T-S-/350499132234?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519b60534a

So you do have to have resistors or Load Equilizers? Im thinking about buying this FE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts