Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is there a tail tidy that is adaptable to the GP7 tailpiece ?, it has two mount holes approx 50mm apart underneath the tail that run along the line of the bike.
Anyone found one ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
280 Posts
The standard D16RR came with a carbon fibre piece that bolts to the two mount holes you mentioned. This piece has three holes on the 'back' of it to which is attached a plastic number plate holder. This holder is about 180mm x 180mm, with four other holes, one at each corner. My number plate is bolted to the top two holes, with a bracket carrying a reflector bolted to the bottom two holes. Mine is an Australian-delivered bike; other markets might have a different number plate bracket(?).

The GP7 kit is designed to use the same carbon fibre piece that came with the bike, but the kit is not designed to use the same plastic number plate bracket. The kit includes two perspex (black, or a dark smoke colour); one of these bits is to hold the blinkers, the other piece is for the number plate.

On the standard set-up the blinkers mount to another c/f piece that attaches to the under side of the standard tail. The GP7 tail does not/cannot mount the blinkers the same way; thus the perspex part for the blinker mounts.

The blinkers, number plate etc mounted in the way meant for the GP7 kit can look a bit untidy. On your bike it looks like someone has just mounted it straight to the two holes you mention.

If you look at akd16's My Desmo thread, there are heaps of pics showing standard and GP7 set-ups. You will see the c/f piece that I refer to. His final set-up doesn't seem to include rear blinkers. If you could get away with riding like that (I don't think I would try it here) it's a clean look.

If you trawl through other, older threads on the GP7 exhaust there might be better pics of the GP7 arrangement.

(How to make what should be a short explanation into a long one.)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The standard D16RR came with a carbon fibre piece that bolts to the two mount holes you mentioned. This piece has three holes on the 'back' of it to which is attached a plastic number plate holder. This holder is about 180mm x 180mm, with four other holes, one at each corner. My number plate is bolted to the top two holes, with a bracket carrying a reflector bolted to the bottom two holes. Mine is an Australian-delivered bike; other markets might have a different number plate bracket(?).

The GP7 kit is designed to use the same carbon fibre piece that came with the bike, but the kit is not designed to use the same plastic number plate bracket. The kit includes two perspex (black, or a dark smoke colour); one of these bits is to hold the blinkers, the other piece is for the number plate

On the standard set-up the blinkers mount to another c/f piece that attaches to the under side of the standard tail. The GP7 tail does not/cannot mount the blinkers the same way; thus the perspex part for the blinker mounts.

The blinkers, number plate etc mounted in the way meant for the GP7 kit can look a bit untidy. On your bike it looks like someone has just mounted it straight to the two holes you mention.

If you look at akd16's My Desmo thread, there are heaps of pics showing standard and GP7 set-ups. You will see the c/f piece that I refer to. His final set-up doesn't seem to include rear blinkers. If you could get away with riding like that (I don't think I would try it here) it's a clean look.

If you trawl through other, older threads on the GP7 exhaust there might be better pics of the GP7 arrangement.

(How to make what should be a short explanation into a long one.)

Sweet, thanks for that. Pictures ??

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm a techno-peasant. I bought my first digital camera months ago, I still don't have a mobile phone - why do I own a bike like the D16RR???

I still have to learn how to get pics from the camera to the internet ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts