Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have two problems, as you can see in the topic description:

1) My tail light (running light) isn't working (yes my lights are on, the front head light has no issues).
Where do i start checking for problems ? (new to Ducati btw).

2) My brake light isn't functioning properly: sometimes it works, other times it does nothing.
When i pull my break lever in, it doesn't click ? bad micro-switch? :confused:
When i use the footbrake, it worksfine, som i don't think it is the wiring.

Thx for helping in advance !

·
Registered
436 Posts
The wiring to the tail light and turn signals has a coupling on the right side where the sub frame joins the main frame. You can unplug this and test for 12v for the tail light and for the front brake switch. The black wire is the common, or ground, the gray/red is your brake light and the yellow wire is the tail light. You should hear a click from the front micro switch, I think there is a coupling under the tank for that where it joins up with the main harness.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wiring to the tail light and turn signals has a coupling on the right side where the sub frame joins the main frame. You can unplug this and test for 12v for the tail light and for the front brake switch. The black wire is the common, or ground, the gray/red is your brake light and the yellow wire is the tail light. You should hear a click from the front micro switch, I think there is a coupling under the tank for that where it joins up with the main harness.
Thx, i will test this out tomorrow after work and give an update.
I also just got my hyperlights deliverd (3-way: brake light with flash ,blinkers & running light). I'm going tot try installing this as a replacement for the taillight. I've got an idea in my head how i want to do this, if it works-out it will look stunning:yo:, if it doesn't it will look like my grandma did a mod :loser::p

But first i want to check that everything is working with the original set-up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nevermind, i found the problem, it was al loose wire in the taillight.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Post up your new tail light when it's finished, I'm interested in ideas for this too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts