Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going? I got the 748 out and blew the cobwebs off, poor girl has been garage art for too long:(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trackday was great, although it felt like it was 150 degrees

That awkward moment when you realize you just stuffed a control rider :p

Unfortunately my buddy had an off, but we were able to get it put back together and he finished the day

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Sounds like you had fun. I hear you on the heat though...it already felt like an oven when I was there in June...

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I've ridden Barber a few times never been to Tally. I wouldn't expect it to equal Barber but how would you describe the track. Keeping in mind it's at least six hours from me.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Ah great pics by the way

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Just found the track map on their site. Looks a bit like Roebling, rolling fast turns. Any input still appreciated.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Just found the track map on their site. Looks a bit like Roebling, rolling fast turns. Any input still appreciated.
Never been to Roebling yet but Little Tally is a nice little, technical track. Not really a high-speed track. And you have to love left turns for sure as there is essentially only one real right turn...

On the other hand, it makes it easier: When in doubt, turn left... :laughing:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Would be a rough track for me then. I have very limited range of motion in my left knee. Have to work on that, not much cartilage left. I guess it could be some good PT though.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's about 5 hrs from me. When I first think about Tally I wonder why I'm driving 5hrs there, but I don't know why that thought always enters my head because it is a blast. After Barber, Rd Atl, and NOLA it just seems to be much more laid back fun. Definatly worth the drive:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Been to both Little Tally and Roebling. They're completely opposite each other. Little Tally is slow and 3rd gear at most, with lots of left-handers and only 1 right. Roebling is fast with a half-mile front straight and mostly right handers with only 2 left.

Reactions: 219R

·
Administrator
2,888 Posts
dt is right. Tally is faster now that they re-did it, but it's not Roebling at all. The place is still a TON of fun, and it probably is the most laid back environment in the southeast.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I really like them both!! Yes, as different as black and white, the similarity being, both are asphalt race tracks. We are so lucky to have so many tracks within an easy days ride from our home!!!

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
The aerial shot looked similar to me at least the corners minus the small kink. Larger radius turns but yes I see that it is a very short track which would make it a bit more technical in a sense with on/off throttle and a lot more brakes needed. Never been there so...

again thanks for the input

1 - 14 of 14 Posts