Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my '12 848 EVO, but the rear of the tank kills me being a taller and bigger guy.

Has anyone seen, heard of, or done any modifications to an 848 tank? I'm super tempted to get a scratch and dent tank from ebay and modify it just to see if it can be done. Or does anyone know of a product that smooths out the transition from the seat to tank?

I know some of you love that about the bike and I do have to say it allows riders to get a good grasp on the tank.

For those who think I should pop for a 899, I thought of that, but can't see myself spending that much money on a bike... yet...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not seen that one yet but I am looking into it. Raising the seat was one thing I had thought about. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
The Superpole seat will sit you a bit higher, and should alleviate the problem.

But if you are taller, shouldn't you be sitting back a bit from there?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
And being taller, you may not like how much that seat will push you up. The grip is nice, but personally I felt more on the bike instead of in it. Wouldn't hurt you to at least try the option.

Some tank grips may be of interest to you. They will allow you to more easily hold yourself up on the bike using your legs, away from the edge of the tank. Really the only time your acorns kiss the tank is when you're sucked in under braking. Perhaps a change of posture is needed?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DP Superpole Seat is on it's way... worth a shot and the easiest solution!

Joeii, my riding posture most likely needs to be amended as I've been on a Monster the last two years. Tank grips are on my 'to buy' list, just need to do it.

I guess I look at most every other bike and don't see the harsh high rear end on tanks, even the Panigale, that's a much more comfortable transition from saddle to tank.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You're right on that one; the back of the tank is very abrupt. Compared to many others, there really isn't a nice transition there. Hopefully the new seat gets you fixed up.

But trust me, some tank grips will be well worth the order as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts