Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
What Ducati could he race in flat track though?? A Hypermotard?

Wish he would do some races in AMA superbike. I don't think there's anyone on a Ducati in that series so far :(

I didn't even know Bayliss used to race in AMA before he went into WSBK. Crazy how things have changed though. He was 30 years old when he went into WSBK, and a few years older when he went into MotoGP. Nowadays you pretty much have to be in your early 20s when you go ride with the big boys or else you have 0 chances at winning anything.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I didn't even know Bayliss used to race in AMA before he went into WSBK.
He actually never did in superbike. Troy won BSB Championship in '99 and attempted a run in the AMA with getting the pole for the Daytona 200 in 2000 ,only to get a call from Ducati to replace the injured Fogerty before the AMA season ever really got started. Then winning his first SBK title in 2001 - and the rest is history.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
With a new track, anything can happen and a Thailand vacation for Kim and him? Yea that probably sounds pretty nice! :)

I have a feeling Pirro will be in the saddle after Thailand since the MotoGP series will have started by then.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

That article is nothing but opinion. However Troy is considered for the Thailand round as it will change his status from wildcard to replacement rider. this will mean the engine that he blew will belong to his allocation and not Davide.

Troy is in training whilst still in consideration for the ride.

Fores is also being considered as it is deemed that Pirro's schedule may be too demanding on him and may harm Corse testing.

Edit: // it's now expected that Troy will cover all the rounds that Davide can not compete in as this suits the needs of the title sponsor.

Brought to you by that guy who does not make shit up.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
And thank you the information!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
And thank you the information!!

It may not be correct Bob. It is as honest as you are going to get. Now it's become a thing there is money involved.

Corse really need this to happen if only for one round. It puts 7 engines back in Giugliano's garage. That means they can turn one up to 11 if it seems necessary later in the season.

Or I'm talking nonsense ;) I'm also trying to get Neil Hodgson to ride a Desmo RR at the TT senior. That will probably be nonsense. But he did say yes ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts