Ducati.org forum banner

Termi, another one bites the dust...

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  ducktard 
#1 ·
So the full Termi system I bought used from here (who from is irrelevant, not their fault) has split its front cylinder midpipe like so many before it:
Riding boot Vehicle Footwear

Leg Footwear Human leg Riding boot Tire

Incidentally if anyone wondered what a 1098 sounds like without any exhaust past the headers, it sounds like it's under water...

So unless someone has an extra midpipe lying around, I'd be curious if there's any interest in the rest of the exhaust.

I'm also taking recommendations for a replacement full system (not Termi).

The good news is I still have my stock pipes and a fuel map for the slipons so I won't miss any track time.

Oh, and I challenge anyone to find a midpipe more f*cked up than mine. How the hell does it crack so bad!?!?!

See less See more
#4 ·
Though I'm sure your welds would spank the pants off the existing ones, it's the original welds I don't trust. Clearly the piece has been fatigued beyond its useful life, not worth lugging my fat OEM exhaust to each track day in case my Termis go tits up again [emoji17]

#5 ·
Not to defend the overpriced and under quality standards of termignoni, but there is another issue you may want to check on as well. Take the bike to a profesional tuner, if you are getting a lean to lean missfire condition your exhaust Temps will be significantly too high exacerbating problems with the thin wall tubing. The high heat coupled with lean miss fire and or the typical slight cracked throttle engine braking that results in fuel detonation in the exhaust will blow holes in any system, and will likely be damaging your valves, rings and pistons as well.

Better safe than sorry

#9 ·
Thanks ducktard, but my troubles only got worse. The next weekend I went back to the track with my stock exhaust and Termi cans. Spun my con rod. So now I'm looking at dropping an 1198 motor in it which would mean your system would no longer fit.

#10 ·
My Arrow is for an 1198. I thought that's what you had already.
I just had my 1198 motor balanced and blueprinted. Ben Fox did the crank and we used Carillo con rods and Bens CP pistons. SBK Corse got 170.3 ponies and 96+ ft/lbs of stink out of it..
Warp drive engaged!
When we pulled down the motor the vertical con rod bearing was hammered shit. That motor probably had like 4 laps left in it. Just got lucky and decided to go through it right then.. Good luck with everything.

#14 ·
I'm not sure if my bike is the exception. I also dont know what the history of the motor is, as i bought it on ebay, always with the intention of blue printing/balancing.
Yes, ive been in and out of club racing sense i was a little kid. My intention is to do some MWGP racing on this bike, because they are racing at one of my favorite venues, and already have a pro license with them, but i keep hurting myself mountain biking.

#12 ·
So the full Termi system I bought used from here (who from is irrelevant, not their fault) has split its front cylinder midpipe like so many before it:
View attachment 89851
View attachment 89852
Incidentally if anyone wondered what a 1098 sounds like without any exhaust past the headers, it sounds like it's under water...

So unless someone has an extra midpipe lying around, I'd be curious if there's any interest in the rest of the exhaust.

I'm also taking recommendations for a replacement full system (not Termi).

The good news is I still have my stock pipes and a fuel map for the slipons so I won't miss any track time.

Oh, and I challenge anyone to find a midpipe more f*cked up than mine. How the hell does it crack so bad!?!?!
I have an extra mid pipe :)

#17 ·
Buy my Akrapovic slip-ons! Free shipping with the engine! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.