Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody know's what is the difference in weight between base and full Termi Exhaust ( LBS )? :confused:

Thanks !!!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
Not yet? I ordered the CF slipons for my base and I will weight them.
On my 998 it lost 15 lbs!!!, so I am hopeing for the same.
TED

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I know on my 600 the stock exhaust was heavy as $hit! I think you can exspect to shed a few pounds for sure.

Jason

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have heard that stocks are roughly 10lbs, I'm assuming that was for both.
nevertheless its far heavier than the CF

·
Registered
40 Posts
TexasKid said:
But is the full system REALLY worth the $2800?
For the sound and the extra horse? maybe. But there are many other exhaust systems to choose from if you don't wish to spend 2800+. You might try riding the bike with the stock exhaust for awhile

·
Registered
96 Posts
From what I read the stock sytems were made with thinner walls as a weight saving measure. I don't know if you will see a huge difference between Termi and stock. However the Termi system is a beautiful piece of work, while the stock system, for lack of a better word looks cheap (at least to me).

Just my 2 cents,
Fran

·
Registered
547 Posts
SB1098s said:
From what I read the stock systems were made with thinner walls as a weight saving measure. I don't know if you will see a huge difference between Termi and stock.
Fran
According to the people who have installed the termi's its a big difference in weight reduction compared to stock.

i wont know personally until my bike arrives

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just picked up some Termi carbon slip-ons (96115707B). Total weight - approx. 8.5 lbs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ontur said:
Just picked up some Termi carbon slip-ons (96115707B). Total weight - approx. 8.5 lbs.
What did the original cans weigh, so I can figure out the weight savings?
I'm probably going the slip-on route.

·
Registered
53 Posts
8.5 lbs with baffles. My bike is arriving next week and I wil let you know when they are installed. I have to say Termis makes sure great looking exhausts.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
It's understandable how most gents keep talking about the exhaust. Despite the added HP, what keeps sucking me in is the sound. I've seen a few post on YouTube and came across this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRIxbID6HI&mode=related&search=

If you have nice sound system on your pc, I'm sure you will be impressed by it. I can only assume this 1098 has the complete system. I don't think you can generate this kind of sound without bigger pipes to go with it.... So having listend to this beast, what do you think the reaction would of the general folk as you pass them by (and I speaking within the speed limit here...)

I think it is now understood....

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's definitely the sound!

smeelge said:
It's understandable how most gents keep talking about the exhaust. Despite the added HP, what keeps sucking me in is the sound. I've seen a few post on YouTube and came across this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRIxbID6HI&mode=related&search=
I completely agree! My 1098 (yellow) is arriving at the end of this month. I can't wait to finally get my butt in the seat of a Ducati. I've always admired them, but never was able to afford one.
As excited as I am about having a 1098, I'm desperate to get the Termigs exhaust! The horsepower increase will be nice --I'm sure (the bike is already ridiculously powerful!), but the sound will make all the other bikes tuck their tails and run.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I dont think there is much difference in weight, they are both stainless and the pipe is larger, the only weight saving might be minimal as the cans do not have the catalic converters in them. I wpould have a guess at maybe a 3-5lbs difference if that

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
TexasKid said:
But is the full system REALLY worth the $2800?
I my opinion, no. What people never seem to consider with full exhaust is at what RPM does it make the HP number given' by the factory apply. Unless you are racing, you will not benefit from a full exhaust on the street IMO.

Jason

·
Registered
122 Posts
Visitor Q said:
I my opinion, no. What people never seem to consider with full exhaust is at what RPM does it make the HP number given' by the factory apply. Unless you are racing, you will not benefit from a full exhaust on the street IMO.

Jason
Track days baby yeah.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yea... i've been thinking about it and i understand the termi's are endorsed by ducati and such (meaning i don't void my warranty if i get them) but why do we have to do everything ducati says. Please, here me through. Personally, I want my bike to most importantly perform great, so I will be looking for the lightest pipes that give the biggest increase in power all over. The termis do sound awesome but what many people are failing to awknowledge is that the aren't neccessarrily the best sounding. If anyone listened to that one on youtube with the arrows, they sounded pretty sweet (much cooler than the termis in my opinion) and there will be others like the akros that I would like to hear before I purchase anything. I think that the termis are pretty ridiculously overpriced and I could get a full system from anyone else for almost a third of the price. Don't get me wrong I definatly respect the long standing tradition between Ducati and Termignoni but I don't see why they have to be the measure of perfection. Yea I might buy the cheaper arrow or akropovic pipes but that doesn't make them worse (they might even *shocker* be better). I am all for a little diversity to prevent all of our bikes from looking exactly the same with only ducati endorsed parts and accessories.

i'd like to add that the bike just sounds amazing whatever it has on it, i couldn't even believe that these were stock pipes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQMqZHRYww

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had arrow pipes on my 998 and it sounded great. It's louder and deeper. However, after hearing my wife, kids, and neighbors complaining that I wake them up every morning. I leave at 5:30am. I think I will go with Termis which is smoother and softer for a change. Something different.

I do not think Arrow comes with the ECU and other stuff?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts