Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was wondering if anyone had any idea or part number where i can get this particular bracket off the 2010 termis. Picture credit from waller

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only answer I ever get for this is call the dealer and then the dealer says they can't get parts. Or they need the VIN number, date of purchase, receipt, my blood type and a stool sample....

Maybe not so much the dealer that's the problem, seems like it's the Termignoni/Ducati agreement that messes everything up...

Hopefully your experience goes better.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol chickunfut...but in all seriousness i did go to my local dealer here in sacramento, the parts guys tired their best looking for the bracket in ducati's parts list but no luck. One gentleman did say dealers can order a "termignoni small parts pack" that might include the missing T bracket i am looking for including extra bands which i dont need. They were going to reach out to their ducati rep and get back to me.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I would probably make my own or why not find a metal fabricator to make one up for you out of scrap?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks like i am gonna have to go that route....The parts guy at my local dealer who was very helpful still had to give me the bad news. Their local ducati rep said that the only way i can get another one of those brackets is if i purchase a set of new slip ones wtf??? mmhmm let me go spend another 2000+ dollars for a bracket no thank you.. Im hoping someone on here is has an extra one or knows a good metal fab. I sent an email to termignoni but based on their website ducati isnt even an option

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
might want to post in the parts or in the monster 1200 Section, Since no superbike pipes can fit on yours. Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
27 Posts
it looks like i am gonna have to go that route....The parts guy at my local dealer who was very helpful still had to give me the bad news. Their local ducati rep said that the only way i can get another one of those brackets is if i purchase a set of new slip ones wtf??? mmhmm let me go spend another 2000+ dollars for a bracket no thank you.. Im hoping someone on here is has an extra one or knows a good metal fab. I sent an email to termignoni but based on their website ducati isnt even an option

This is pretty much exactly the same response I got when looking for a replacement header on an already overpriced full exhaust... Had to get a local welder make repairs. I almost hoped he couldn't fix the header so it would give me a reason to get a real exhaust!
Termignoni for ducati are total garbage IMO. It's sad that you have to fab parts for a $3-$5K exhaust.. Worst purchase I have ever made and really gives me a bad feeling about Ducati in general...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is pretty much exactly the same response I got when looking for a replacement header on an already overpriced full exhaust... Had to get a local welder make repairs. I almost hoped he couldn't fix the header so it would give me a reason to get a real exhaust!
Termignoni for ducati are total garbage IMO. It's sad that you have to fab parts for a $3-$5K exhaust.. Worst purchase I have ever made and really gives me a bad feeling about Ducati in general...
I Hear you on that! whats the point of spending all that money when they dont even give general customer support "dealer only support" is total BS! I lucked out and found the missing bracket it was tucked away behind the rear tire. Next duc i get is going to have akra's anything other than termi

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Sorry to hear you guys have had negative experiences with Termignoni. I should balance that by saying mine have been fine, on several bikes, and over extended mileage.

But the difficulty in obtaining Termi spares may be a function of Ducati's contract with Termignoni, which appears to include sales rights which tie Termignoni's hands.

Glad you found the missing part though. Before you got a flat tyre out of it!

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
And for future reference - we usually drill out the rivets at the front of the muffler to rebuild, not the rear. Saves this problem.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear you guys have had negative experiences with Termignoni. I should balance that by saying mine have been fine, on several bikes, and over extended mileage.

But the difficulty in obtaining Termi spares may be a function of Ducati's contract with Termignoni, which appears to include sales rights which tie Termignoni's hands.

Glad you found the missing part though. Before you got a flat tyre out of it!
I had termi slip on's before no problem in quality or fitting. The only thing im having trouble with them is the customer support. I understand that their contract with ducati has recently changed but can i at least get an email saying that part isnt available instead of just no reply after several emails.

And for future reference - we usually drill out the rivets at the front of the muffler to rebuild, not the rear. Saves this problem.
had to break down both sides to get them ceramic coated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts