Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbors complained and caused major problems and anxiety for me with my TL1000R sporting mere yoshi race bolt ons......the bassy v-twin pulses seemed to permeate the crappily constructed homes around here....

I'm wondering if anyone has ...gasp the blasphemy.....tried out the silencers on the full termi system......how quiet is it with the silencers? Gonna have the neighbors chasing me down the street in bathrobes at 3am? Or Can I sneak in at sub 3K RPM without them being the wiser....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Orlando1098S said:
My neighbors complained and caused major problems and anxiety for me with my TL1000R sporting mere yoshi race bolt ons......the bassy v-twin pulses seemed to permeate the crappily constructed homes around here....

I'm wondering if anyone has ...gasp the blasphemy.....tried out the silencers on the full termi system......how quiet is it with the silencers? Gonna have the neighbors chasing me down the street in bathrobes at 3am? Or Can I sneak in at sub 3K RPM without them being the wiser....
I don't have the full system, just the slip-ons, but they are pretty loud even creeping in and out of the neigborhood. Partly I think because they idle about 1300-1350...it's a booming sound :D
The pipes came fitted with a removeable db restrictor which you might find useful (I never tried it!).

·
Registered
337 Posts
VIKING ---
How easy/hard are the db restrictors to put in and/or remove?
The accessories catalog says that with the restrictors installed, the noise level is the same as stock.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Orlando1098S said:
As a note...yes I really did have a neighbor chase me at 3am in a bathrobe....
Thats some funny $hit!

·
Registered
166 Posts
DUCMILLE said:
VIKING ---
How easy/hard are the db restrictors to put in and/or remove?
The accessories catalog says that with the restrictors installed, the noise level is the same as stock.
very easy, one setscrew at the bottom of each outlet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there goes another $3K.....if it's as quiet with the restricters in as stock.....and they are one set screw easy to take on and off.....and with em out you get 8%.......there's no way I can get around it....gotta have it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Orlando1098S said:
Well there goes another $3K.....if it's as quiet with the restricters in as stock.....and they are one set screw easy to take on and off.....and with em out you get 8%.......there's no way I can get around it....gotta have it!

$3k??? Here's some good news for you. The slip-ons are dealer's suggested retail of $1370, but I agree, the restrictors will probably be the first thing to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is some even better news. My dealer gave me 15% off the the termis because I purchased my bike there. Ask your dealer, see if he will work with you. I've read that other people got up to 20% off from their dealer. :yo:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah, my dealer said he'd take 20% off of anything in stock if I get it when I pick up the bike.

So a little over a grand for the slip-ons. Sweet!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Orlando1098S said:
The slipons are only about $1300, you can remove the silencer with one screw, and they DO NOT increase horse power. The FULL 70mm system may increase it by 8% but not the slip ons. By the way, once you instal the slipons and the ecu that comes with them, the words "Ducati Racing" scroll across the dash display.

CAG

·
Registered
438 Posts
Tell the neighbours to get a life and drop a couple of sets of ear plugs through each door the day before you get your bike, they will wonder what they are for until they hear you arrive !
Bet they make some noise rolling in drunk after a party sometimes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts