Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took delivery of a 2010 1198 S. The dealer installed a Termi slip on kit including the #96520309B Racing ECU, hi flow air filter and the Termi Slip on's. The bike seems to run great.
Question- I was a bit surprised when I looked in my box of
OEM take off parts, to find the O2 sensors and related wiring harness had been removed. I was under the impression that the slip on racing ecu still ran in closed loop at low rpm and lower throttle openings. Today is Monday and my dealer is closed so just curious if the O2 sensors were supposed to be removed or not. No codes are showing up on the dash and all seems to be working great. Also, I have been told that the slip on ecu cannot be tuned in the closed loop portion of the map and I am wondering how that could be with the O2 sensors removed. I was thinking about getting a PCV but did not bother do to the limitations within the slip on racing ecu for low rpm tuning. Thanks to anyone who can clear up this mystery for me. Mort

·
Registered
36 Posts
From What I have seen, yes it still uses the O2's. Although my 1198 with the Termi Slip on ECU had them shut off also. Not sure what the real answer is.

Bmo

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
I bought the exact slip-on kit for my bike and it came with 2 caps for the O2 sensor wiring to keep gunk out after unplugging so it sounds like they do get eliminated even with the slip-ons.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
From what I understand, the Termi kit should come with the 02 caps.

Some people leave the 02 sensors in place.. others remove the 02 sensors all together.

Regardless of choice, the Termi race ECU disables the 02 readings. Hope this helps, enjoy -)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Proctologist (ASSMAN): So does the 848 slip-on ECU part number 96519408b, also ditch the 02 sensors with plugs too?

"It was a million-to-one shot Doc"
A great Seinfeld episode!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I was a customer of the 1098/1198 product and that was the case.. can't see why the 848 kit would be different.

I'd contact Termi directly just to clarify and make sure -

Proctologist (ASSMAN): So does the 848 slip-on ECU part number 96519408b, also ditch the 02 sensors with plugs too?

"It was a million-to-one shot Doc"
A great Seinfeld episode!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts