Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that Termi was only making 200 full systems and 500 slip ons. Any truth to this or was he trying to sell me a full system?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I went to spectrum in irvine ca. to purchase a full system and was told they sold out of their allocation, however , a customer backed out of a 1098s and had bought a system that he no longer needed so they sold me that set after contacting the cust. MY LUCKY DAY !!! So I would say there could be some truth to it, I was trying to give them my money and they almost couldn't help me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Whilst supply of slip-ons and full systems may be as slow as the bikes themselves, I cannot believe that those figures are Termignoni's total worldwide production for a bike that will sell in it's thousands. More likely it's the initial allocation.

·
Registered
161 Posts
mclincoln said:
My dealer told me that Termi was only making 200 full systems and 500 slip ons. Any truth to this or was he trying to sell me a full system?
If every TC comes with a Full System in the box... there must be more than 200 made... But I would guess the production numbers are going to be in an amount which will be sold for sure...
Also as I know from my own experience the Company's in Italy are usually closed for 3-4weeks in Summer which will prolly make a shortage of parts over the summer...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lucky me I put already full Termignoni exhaust on mine 1098 !!! :D

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If every TC comes with a Full System in the box...

Hey Everyone,

Let me know if you agree with an observation I've made. I went to my dealer yesterday to look at my 'S' to make sure nothing is wrong with it before it gets delivered in the next few days. My full Termi system was installed and what surprised me was how much those 70mm pipes stand out, they are freaking massive and I lov'em! They stand out so much, that if you compare them to a photo of the TC (from Ducati's web-site to say the least), it says only one thing.... The TC only comes with Slip-ons and doesn't include the 70mm headers. And all this time I thought TC came with the full system, what a dissappointment.... Now I'm really glad I went with the 'S'!

I need to look at pic's submitted by gents who say they have the full system installed, now I know what to look for in comparision.

Anyone else who has the full system make the same observation?

Rocco.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Smeelge --- This is discussed somewhere else.
If you're getting a TC in the USA, you will get a Full Termi System. I KNOW this, cuz I helped open a crated TC at the dealer.
The bike is shipped with a Standard system, and the Full Termi is in 2 boxes, wedged in the shipping crate.

·
Registered
116 Posts
mclincoln said:
The concept of limited production is correct, the numbers they gave are wrong. limited production keeps the price high by the avoidance of flooding the market,(supply and demand). They will probably be leaked out in small quantities after the production year is over.Oakley is a prime example of this concept, picking thier sales partners carefully and restricting discounts on the product.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone else know a good exhause company. I am over here in Iraq and i have not had the pleasure of even seeing a 1098 in person! I completely bought and committed to one and I have never seen one. Nor have I owned a ducati before. But the look of this bike is amazing. I just have to it. In reguards to exhaust though however. I have heard the sound clips with the Termi's and they sound amazing. What does it sound like stock? Like I said are there any other full exhaust company's? I heard of Zard (can't find anything really online of them).. Arrow... (they only offer a slip on as of yet)... that's it. I WANT FULL EXHAUST PRIOR TO JULY!!! PLEASE AID ME SOME ONE. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
mclincoln said:
If that is true that is gay as all hell.

I never even heard of such a thing before, limiting exhaust supply... WTF!?

Jason

·
Registered
116 Posts
Go read a book on marketing strategy. Why do you think Ducati is already talking 2008 production release? I'll bet no one person got even a $1 discount on their bike. This is because the release is so slow. Hence, supply and demand. P.S. I have a degree in the subject.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
duc10.98 said:
Go read a book on marketing strategy. Why do you think Ducati is already talking 2008 production release? I'll bet no one person got even a $1 discount on their bike. This is because the release is so slow. Hence, supply and demand. P.S. I have a degree in the subject.
It's called #ucking the customers and I don't need a degree to tell you that.

Jason

BTW... I am getting my 1098 for $16OTB with a free Pitbull Rear Stand all in writing. Also in writing if I don't get a 07, I will get an 08 for the exact same price if the MSRP is with in 1g, over 1g I pay the diff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that's really not an amazing price though... mine was 16047....out the door... like getting it for like 15k or so now that would be something. That is all...

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Either way it was a break even if it was a free stand, certainly better than a $1 as stated.

Jason

·
Registered
166 Posts
lemmy999 said:
Will the 916 Pit Bull stands work with the 1098?
Not the rear. The hollow in the axle is larger, but on the bright side the hollow is the same all the way through so you won't need 2 different pins depending on which side you want to lift/work on as you do on the 916/998.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts