Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of putting termi's on my 2012 796 , but im wondering if the is any performance gain or is it all visual and a better sound, since incomes with a new ECU and filter im thinking there must be some performance gain . if anyone has first hand experience i would appreciate it, 1800.00 is a fair bit of coin to drop for cosmetics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
All slip-on systems will give you a similar, slight, increase in HP. Its mostly due to removing the cat from the exhaust. Unless you prefer the look of the termis (I don't), there are many other options which can be much much cheaper, even with an ECU reflash which is highly recommended.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats good info, i thought maybe with the ecu change it must make some difference in hp, although slight as u mentioned, also looked at arrow, great look but without ecu swap is it required to due ecu flash and will dealer do. seems like a lot of ducati's u see will have termi's , seem to be the popular choice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi

I fitted dan moto slip on,s onto my 696 , without DB killers it was very loud and I mean loud but I did notice a lot more grunt , however it made it noticeably more lumpy at low speed . after fitting the DB killers it smoothed out the low speed issue and stopped my headaches . still feels as if it pulls a bit better and about 8 to 10 kg on weight saving
they look 100 % better than stock cans and cost £170 plus import tax , got them from hong kong
very glad I did it

·
Registered
52 Posts
The lack of Cats reduces the back pressure at low rpm which causes the 'lumpiness'. A proper ecu tune corrects the fueling to make it richer at low rpm. I have Vance and Hines CS1 slipons without baffles and the bike is smooth and responsive all the way down to ~2800 rpm. Good dealers can do it, there are also after market options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.