Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been debated many times before, however I can't seem to find a post that answers exactly what I need.

I have a 1098S with Termi slip ons and the corresponding ECU. It sounds great, however I've heard the full system is louder. Is this true, and by how much?

Also, a mechanic told me that I wouldn't notice a difference in performance unless I was doing track days. To me, performance is performance. Am I wrong?

Finally, what might someone expect to pay for a used full system with ECU and how much would the old style slip ons and ECU be worth?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 1098 with full Termignoni exhaust and for me the sound is just about right.Never got tired of it,no matter how long a ride is. I bought my bike used with full exhaust already installed,so I have no experience with slip ons and how they compare performance wise to full exhaust.
I heard that full exhaust does more for 1X98 bikes than for 848 but in my opinion power gain must be over 15 HP over stock in order to make the difference noticeable for average rider.
When I was looking for my bike I test rode a 1198 with new style Termignoni slip ons and I think that set up was louder than my full exhaust. So if a noise is what you are after get yourself a newer style Termi mufflers. Used full exhaust sells for 1,000 - 1,600 depending on condition.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The full Termi systems purchased brand new are approximately X2 the price of the slip-on systems -

Does it increase power? Yes. Worth the extra money? Thats up to you ..

The newer Termi exhaust cans sound just right IMO :crazyeyes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts