Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
bstar360, that looks like FMF headers and old style Termi slip on's to me...

ecarranza, you'll need to re-map the bike, no doubt. There is the issue of the exhaust flapper valve...will it cause a check engine light? You'll need to get either a Power Commander and have a custom map made on a dyno, or a Bazzaz with a custom map made on a dyno, etc.

The $1000 to buy it is about half of what it will cost you....the fuel controller will be 300 to 500 and the dyno tune will be anywhere from 200 to 400....

The the real question is do you even need a full system?

My 848 race bike has a stock exhaust with the stock mufflers gutted (removed the cats and replace stock baffles with A&R baffle kit) and a mild ECU re-flash and it runs and sounds amazing....

Make your own decision, but check eBay and ducati.org vendors for other options.

You can get a set of Arrow slip on's for much less, they are new, higher quality (just my opinion) and will also look and sound great!

I have Termi slip on's on my 1198 (came with them, I bought it used) but if I had to buy exhaust for it Id go Arrow or Akro, no doubt.

On my race bike, i went the cheap route because I know Im gonna crash it 50 more times...

Good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guess you need to ask yourself if you like Termis or not? As for the FMF pipe you might search to see if anyone has feedback. Losing the exup valve would be a bonus off the bat though.
If you just think about the purchase as cans only you don't need the ecu and you should take the exup cables and servo off anyways.
JWM is right in pointing out that if you go all in you are looking at other costs - ecu reflash...
I personally think that Akros sound and look better, IMO. Arrows don't look right in the rear but whatevs.
Best of luck. Taking off those stock pipes are a priority though so get after it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
bstar360, that looks like FMF headers and old style Termi slip on's to me...

ecarranza, you'll need to re-map the bike, no doubt. There is the issue of the exhaust flapper valve...will it cause a check engine light? You'll need to get either a Power Commander and have a custom map made on a dyno, or a Bazzaz with a custom map made on a dyno, etc.

The $1000 to buy it is about half of what it will cost you....the fuel controller will be 300 to 500 and the dyno tune will be anywhere from 200 to 400....

The the real question is do you even need a full system?

My 848 race bike has a stock exhaust with the stock mufflers gutted (removed the cats and replace stock baffles with A&R baffle kit) and a mild ECU re-flash and it runs and sounds amazing....

Make your own decision, but check eBay and ducati.org vendors for other options.

You can get a set of Arrow slip on's for much less, they are new, higher quality (just my opinion) and will also look and sound great!

I have Termi slip on's on my 1198 (came with them, I bought it used) but if I had to buy exhaust for it Id go Arrow or Akro, no doubt.

On my race bike, i went the cheap route because I know Im gonna crash it 50 more times...

Good luck!

It sounds great now I just need to find where to buy the A&R Baffle Kit
Thanks a lot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.