Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very thankful for all of the smart people who have shared their Ducati knowledge on this Forum.
Today I drove my 2010 Streetfighter ( my first ducati) for only the third time. It was about 45 minute drive in 40 degree weather. When I got home, I put the bike on the stand in the garage and went inside. A few hours later I went into the garage to look at the bike and noticed the oil window was white. I started to get a little upset thinking something like blown head gasket. Then I looked at the oil, which was the greenest oil I have ever seen, so my blood pressure shot up some more. I then looked at the coolant bottle and it was empty. By now I was thinking about how I just bought this bike and haven't even made my first payment and its all jacked up.
So I did what I always do and looked to the smart people on this forum. I found out that the oil is green and that the foggy window happens when riding in cold weather. Now I just need to find out what happened to the coolant . Thanks again smart people.

·
Registered
244 Posts
When the engine is hot, pressure in the cooling system pushes coolant into the reservoir/overflow bottle. When the engine cools off it is drawn back out of the bottle and into the motor.
Long story short, when cold there should be only a tiny bit of coolant in the bottle. I'd double check if its actually complety empty, and if needed, fill it back up to the "low" or "cold" mark before your next ride and see what happens.
Congrats on the bike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts