Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Best Superbike Model? By what criteria? What fits best? Which one won more titles? Most HP? Most sold? Rarest? That's just such a broad and subjective parameter. Be a little more specific maybe?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Best Superbike Model? By what criteria? What fits best? Which one won more titles? Most HP? Most sold? Rarest? That's just such a broad and subjective parameter. Be a little more specific maybe?
Can be what ever you want it to be . For me the 1098 was such a great model . Rarity will not define a great bike IMO or price . You can have the bike that had the best choice of colours if that is what you are in to .
I choose the 1098 as I like the design was a great contender for Superbike titles was easy to work on and still a twin that went back to twin rear exhaust and 13 years later would still like to own one .

·
Registered
262 Posts
You have to say the 916 was the game changer. Styling wise it's still an amazing looking machine. Also has the track pedigree in WSBK with Foggy. Was the bike that really put Ducati on the map and set up 996/998/1098 etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unless you are racing a 999R out of the box is the best, handles and runs great.

A 1098R needs LOTS of work to make it handle and run right, 30mm triple, softer front springs, 25mm sbk valving, raise the front and lower the rear. Plus it needs a Microtec ECU to make it run right.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Unless you are racing a 999R out of the box is the best, handles and runs great.

A 1098R needs LOTS of work to make it handle and run right, 30mm triple, softer front springs, 25mm sbk valving, raise the front and lower the rear. Plus it needs a Microtec ECU to make it run right.
Gee ; and here I thought I was having fun all these years.
Guess I'll just have to resort to my 2016 Panigale R. Or is it not so good either ?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I'll add my vote for the 1098 series, but then you knew I'd say that! Yes, various significant models that could be argued to be the 'game-changer' Ducati superbikes - bevel 900SS, 851, 916, 1098 and several after up to the V4, but the 1098 (and 848) was kind of the last one with the flavour of those previous models, with serious horsepower, but before the level of electronics stepped up. The last 'unassisted' one perhaps.
Anyway I still love mine, and it has been a splendid part of my life for 94,000 kms now, and still running great. I reckon the big twins make a great road machine. Raw, lightweight and intuitive to ride.
But then you could say that about most Ducatis.

😊

·
Registered
75 Posts
Guess I'll just have to resort to my 2016 Panigale R. Or is it not so good either ?
Clearly you were misguided and what you were experiencing was not fun at all. And I bet you also thought it was fast, right? :D :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I beat them at the track all the time, the "frame" is too stiff handling is down as proved by SBK results. 999 has 3 world titles. 1098 has 2 world titles. Panigale ZERO but keep thinking your on a great bike squid boy which is a PERFECT name for you!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts