Ducati.org forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I choose the 1098 as I like the design was a great contender for Superbike titles was easy to work on and still a twin that went back to twin rear exhaust and 13 years later would still like to own one .
I would as well.....but if I had to choose the greatest Ducati superbike of the them all.......916/996/998 line. More SBK titles from different riders....4 for Foggy, 1 for Corser and 1 for Bayliss....than any of the others. The design was revolutionary. No Ducati before the 916 had a single sided swng arm, or the exhaust tucked under the seat. Easy to work on....and still gets looks any where it goes...including from me, and I just rode it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
916 for me. The poster bike of its era. Sadly I've missed the boat on them being affordable so I went a 848 instead. Without electronics it still has my old 900s2 feel and almost the same capacity but with more than twice the power and it actually handles.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
People like YOU are why I rarely post on forums and especially Ducati forums. I stated my opinion and you had to post an a-hole response. Re-read the thread then reflect on it. Never met another Ducati person WITHOUT an attitude unless they were pro riders paid to ride a Ducati.

Btw, I've owned since new and still own a 999R, a 1098R, several other Ducati's including a V4 and 13 other bikes, started racing in the 60's as a youth, still do track days and ride daily on the tightest roads in the Santa Monica Mnts wearing the sides off my tires every two weeks. I thought maybe someone might want to consider an opinion from someone with a wee bit of experience of what works well.
So do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on, LOL
I have been on 2 wheels since the late 50's, Mate done all the track stuff, Nah! don't need to brag.

·
Registered
252 Posts
996 for me (or any of the 748/916/996.998 variations)
Why? It was the one that got me hooked, both lusting after one in the local shop and then watching them in awe on tv.
Then I finally got one and I am hooked!!
Plus, they're beautiful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ducati has a long history of building performance-oriented Monsters. The 1200R is the highest-performing Monster to date, with a claimed 160hp on tap, Öhlins suspension, and modern electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Ducati has a long history of building performance-oriented Monsters. The 1200R is the highest-performing Monster to date, with a claimed 160hp on tap, Öhlins suspension, and modern electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you copied this verbatim from post #2, or just an exact coincidence? Maybe you’re the same person?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts