Ducati.org forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. If I had to have one rider to hate it has to be Matt Mladin. To keep it short - basically milked the AMA and made a name for himself cause he couldn't make it in SBK. Lol!!😄

2. Love , Troy Bayliss , **** Doohan , Foggy & Wayne Rainey. All had great riding styles and an aggressive will to win......with class , (maybe take Foggy out of the "class" category). Lol 😊

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
As someone who met the man several times within the AMA circle of friends I have, I DEFINETLY concur that Mladin is the biggest A-Hole in the sport!! There was nothing better than seeing his hissy fits whenever he got beat in a race. One of the guys you cheer to see run off track or get caught up in someone else's accident thus being taken out. Lol.

When it comes to those I love I honestly don't know where to start. I guess it'd be those I speak with, text, and call a friend on a regular basis - like Josh Hayes, Scott Russell, the Haydens and others not way up there at the top but pushing for it. Guys like Valentino, Edwards, and those truly stand up guys are the ones I root for and love seeing perform. Like him or not Marquez is absolutely unreal too! Of course many don't like Rossi either but I do.

We could both go on n on here but I'll hold bck tonight. Good thread brother!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am a huge fan of P.J. Jacobsen,

If I had to dislike a guy it would be Sam Lowes from WSBK. The dislike came about from his championship winning BSB season last year

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always liked Nicky Hayden's classic maturity , win or lose.
The last rider in the AMA I liked was Ben Spies , mainly due to the frustration and the schooling he always gave Mladin.
Not a big fan of Johnny Rea, just to wreckless.
John Kosinkski was great to watch also.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I don't really have anyone that I hate, but Johnny Rea would be among the few that I don't care for...I'm sure he's probably a decent guy, but his stupid/aggressive riding style has caused too many people to crash the last couple of years and that pissed me off! Some of the others would be Jorge Lorenzo because he's a bitch and a sore loser. Similarly with Pedrosa.

Racers that I like....way too many to list. I have great respect for most of them, but some of the ones I truly admire (at the moment) would have to be Rossi, Marquez, and Stoner. I didn't watch motorcycle racing until a few years ago, so I can't say much about the older guys that have retired because I never saw them race.

Reactions: HandleCandle11

·
Registered
235 Posts
The only guy I hate is Pedrosa. Never liked him as he was coming through the ranks, but after him taking out Nicky. He's the only guy I've every cheered for after hitting the deck and swimming through the kitty litter.

Guys I liked, then hated. Just two of them. Scotty Parker and Kevin McGee. By the end of Parker's reign in Dirt Track. I wanted to shove his " Whot! Whot! Whot! " up his arse, every time I saw him win San Jose/Sacramento miles. I liked McGee until he decided to do a burnout in the middle of the track at Laguna and ended Bubba Shobert's carrier.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Loved watching Ben spies beat Malden in ama and then move on to kill wsbk the next season only to fall apart in gp. Favorite wsbk racer was Haga and I couldn't stand biaggi in wsbk or motogp. Still a big Rossi fan though.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I respect all riders even Jlo after not taking responsibility for him self.
But the ones I take as rider role models because of style and aggressiveness are Casey Stoner, Mark Marquez, Troy Bayliss; Max Biaggi, Ben Spies,

·
Registered
26 Posts
I must admit I have a soft spot for the might Aussie, **** Doohan. Champion on and off the track. Wear a replica of his helmet and have done for many years.

My favourite of all time was Kevin Schwantz though. What he did with the POS Suziki he used to ride just made me smile.

Have a soft spot for Troy Bayliss as well, he always seemed to have to override the bikes he was on most of the time. I met him once in Melbourne airport and he was so friendly and humble.

Used to dislike Wayne Rainey immensely until his accident. Forgot another I dislike, Wayne Gardner, what a cock.

Can't stand Lorenzo for some reason.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i got long term memory lost (i don't remember this morning) but i really dislike biaggi and crashlow.
and maybe rea because of the way he rides i do hate every time stoner post a picture of his last fishing trip.

i like bayliss hayden and cheka and eugene laverty but repect for all.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
i got long term memory lost (i don't remember this morning) but i really dislike biaggi and crashlow.
and maybe rea because of the way he rides i do hate every time stoner post a picture of his last fishing trip.

i like bayliss hayden and cheka and eugene laverty but repect for all.
I share your feelings about Stoner. For one, I think fishing is the most boring thing in the world, so I'm really not a fan of it...and whenever I see a picture of him holding a fish I think "how do you go from MotoGP champion to fishing?...fuckin fishing??" :ahhh: But I do like him as a racer.

Reactions: Todka

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I don't have any "hates", anyone who gets on a motorcycle and can ride at the level these guys can, deserves a lot of respect.

However, I've personally never been a fan of Josh Brooks, Tommy Hill or Alex Lowes. For that matter, Nicky Hayden acts so stupid sometimes, like a hillbilly, it really discredits the United States in my opinion. The Europeans aren't laughing at Nicky, they're laughing at the US. Which is funny, because Colin Edwards does silly things, but the Europeans love him!

Umm… My favorite riders? Troy Bayliss, Casey Stoner, Nori Haga, Marc Marquez and Scott Redding.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You got to love Mark he's so relax; like he races for hobby and what he really likes is doing this stupid films.
He put more effort on this mini films than when he's on the track.
He's a natural racer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't have any "hates", anyone who gets on a motorcycle and can ride at the level these guys can, deserves a lot of respect.

However, I've personally never been a fan of Josh Brooks, Tommy Hill or Alex Lowes. For that matter, Nicky Hayden acts so stupid sometimes, like a hillbilly, it really discredits the United States in my opinion. The Europeans aren't laughing at Nicky, they're laughing at the US. Which is funny, because Colin Edwards does silly things, but the Europeans love him!

Umm… My favorite riders? Troy Bayliss, Casey Stoner, Nori Haga, Marc Marquez and Scott Redding.
I must of mixed up the two Lowes' brothers in my post, but I will second the dislike for Tommy Hill and his 2011 BSB season.

Your thoughts about Nicky Hayden remind me of what I think about John Hopkins.

I'm like "dude I am rooting for you so hard, please win something!"

·
Registered
351 Posts
I like them all, don't really know many of them to be able to hate them.
WorldSBK, used to love watching these guys, Frankie Chili and his crying, Fogarty and his steely determination, Aaron Slight, John Kocinski, Nori Haga, Scott Russell etc
Motogp, Casey Stoner on the other hand used to wind me up a little....amazing skills but boring to watch and listen to, never seemed happy to be doing what he was doing at any level!
Grew up with the Doohan era, loved his skills especially with the thumb brake after his big accident, amazing how funny his riding style now looks.
Rossi always has a smile and time for people, pushes the sport as his passion! All the haters are just jealous of his achievements! You can't deny a 9 time world champ's skills!!!!
Marquez is amazing, enjoys it the same as Rossi, perhaps not as bubbly a personality but good for the sport nonetheless.
Always loved the real try-ers too, Edwards, Schwantz, Crafar, McCoy etc. Pushing it further than it should be pushed perhaps!
They all ride better than I can, consequently they get my respect!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Tye, eeeerrrrr Tuned,

Nicky is a Hillbilly, probably never went to High School. To busy racing. The other famous family from Owensboro, KY are the Waltrip's of Nascar fame. I met Nicky in his rookie year at the Sacramento Mile at the age of 16. Real nice kid back then. His family doesn't have lots of money, so it's quite a rags to riches story for him in many ways. I'm sure he didn't get a PR coach until he got the factory Honda ride.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.