Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was never into cruiser-type from Ducati due to the fat hog Diavel..but this bike will change my mind about not having one for sure.

Went down to AMS this past Thursday to see an S in person and needless to say, I was drooling.

Besides the slimmer profile, I love how they brought the tubular swingarm design from the S4R and slapped a belt on the drive..not a fan of the lighter wheel, but I'm sure in a couple months aftermarkets will be widely available for that fat 240 rear.

Saw some familiar faces at my local Ducati Garage members.

Question is what other color will they come out with this bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
XDiavel

My question is why Ducati would keep the old Diavel around when this new one seems to be so much better, with new styling and DVT motor. Why not just offer mid-mounted foot controls as an option on the XDiavel?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Sat on an XDiavel S yesterday. So beautiful. Im a lifelong, card holding 'Cruiser hater' too....

My only question....The uprated 'S' model is $22,995.00 in the US. How the hell do they expect to sell the regular Diavel in the AMG model, Titanium, etc for like HIGH$20's...I see them for like $27k, $28k....I dont get it.

Why would anyone buy a NEW Diavel, when they can get a NEW XDiavel...

The base model XDiavel is $19,999.00

Scratching my head on this one....

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the snobs who wants "limited" editions, that are, imo, a paintjob and a sticker.

I'd rather buy the real limited editions (If I could afford) paul smart, MH900E, SL.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Haven't seen one in person yet, but judging from pictures online, I like the older one better. This one looks too "cruiser"-like for me, and I know I would hate the forward foot pegs/levers. I'm sure the motor and electronic features on it are better, but as far as styling, I like the older one better. Still...wouldn't buy either of them. If I had another street bike it would be a Monster 821.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel
if the old diavel had its intakes taken off, it might be alright.
But the plate holder is an easy mod...can't wait to see what Guido has in mind
He already out BST on his.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.