Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know it's crazy to think or even talk about the NEXT 1098, but here's what I've been hearing through the local Desmo grape vine... As we all know, Ducati has announced that a price increase may be in effect for future 1098 models, so with that being said, what do you think Ducati will do or add to justify the price increase???

Here are some ideas that have been tossed around, which I think are quite probable...

Adjustable factory rearsets (360 degrees).
Adjustable rider (seat) position (like the 999).
Color matched mirrors (like the 999).
Adjustable factory clip-ons.
Rider tuned suspension setup (by dealer).
User programmable / customizable dash (more personalized features).
Bluetooth integration for data.
HID / LED lighting.

Any other ideas or possible suggestions?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nothing at all, it will stay 100% the same, even with the increase. They still sell all of them. Look how they will be keep on coming from bologna :conveyer:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah this bike will turn alot of people from jap bikes, not that there is anything wrong with a CBR or GSXR. But alot more people will jump boat due to the looks and performance, I mean I did. Went for a Kawi ZX10r, I had a few things done 520 conversion one up in the back and one down up front,PoweCommander Dyno Duned,Full Akropovic system. And just before the sale of the bike maybe 4-5 months at the most Alberts Fast Track played with the bikes internals and I put down an aditional 11hp. Wasn't really worth the money or labor but I loved that bike.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would like the color mirrors. no matter how perfect or near perfect a car or bike is, it seems that most manufactures always over look one small little detail that could make a big difference.

As far as HIDs go, they will have to find to keep the battery from dying. Even though good true HIDs only use about 13 watts to project light, It takes a lot of amps to get those bulbs to fire up, and unlike a cars battery that is 4 times the size and has 700 amps, a motorcycle battery just can not take the amperage spike of HIDs firing up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The ergo adjustments would be well worth the extra $1k. The other stuff would be nice too though.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Another over looked item on the bike is the lack of the quick release fairing pins! :mad: Which i am told that ducati is looking into making a quick release fairing pin kit.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Desmo Duc said:
Another over looked item on the bike is the lack of the quick release fairing pins! :mad: Which i am told that ducati is looking into making a quick release fairing pin kit.
Got that right Duc! I can't believe what a cluster f**k the bodywork fasteners are...especially for a 'supposed' race bike!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Desmo Duc said:
I'll be getting a set when they appear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts