Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Very mature...but I do believe Bob is right. You did tell him to not post on Tye's threads and likewise to Tye. Bob has listened....the other, not so much.

·
Administrator
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But point taken... I'll no longer participate. Any time a member singles out another for negative comments, the ban hammer will swing. That member will find a way back, and we'll keep going around and around and around until this site just flushes itself.

I'm just not going to allow this place to degenerate into DucatiHates(chosenbitchoftheday).org

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Trust me...people simply give up after a while. When you have to provide a new email address and change your IP, every time you want to make an account, it quickly becomes to much of a hassle to bother...I've been through this before with .ms.....ms won.

Reactions: 219R

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
But when second position is .440 behind first, the real race is .7 now.

That said, :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yea, don't get your hopes up. Single fast laps are pretty much all the bike can do. When they can figure out the tire chewing issue (which is related to power output and chassis) then the bikes will be further up the pack. Remember, because Ducati can use more fuel during a race AND have more motor allowance, they're running a higher output motor then the rest of the field. Ducati has been at the top of the trap speeds for years, mix that with the tire options and you've got an interesting combo.

The team was quietly optimistic about nabbing at least a front row and maybe a pole position after FP2. However, I think we saw Dovi's max performance in FP2. He pushed that bike so hard to get that lap, he tried to do a 2nd one and made a huge mistake and bailed out, thus proving he simply can't do 2 in a row. :(

Dovi is the best thing to happen for the team since Casey left.

Reactions: Neo-996

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Yea, don't get your hopes up. Single fast laps are pretty much all the bike can do. When they can figure out the tire chewing issue (which is related to power output and chassis) then the bikes will be further up the pack. Remember, because Ducati can use more fuel during a race AND have more motor allowance, they're running a higher output motor then the rest of the field. Ducati has been at the top of the trap speeds for years, mix that with the tire options and you've got an interesting combo.

The team was quietly optimistic about nabbing at least a front row and maybe a pole position after FP2. However, I think we saw Dovi's max performance in FP2. He pushed that bike so hard to get that lap, he tried to do a 2nd one and made a huge mistake and bailed out, thus proving he simply can't do 2 in a row. :(

Dovi is the best thing to happen for the team since Casey left.

Well.... I'll let Dovi say it as best he could:

The harder option tyre also had Dovizioso setting competitive lap times, the hard braking of the Motegi circuit suiting the Italian rider’s style.
“I felt really comfortable on the bike today. We were second until the last five minutes on the harder option tyre. I could make a similar lap time throughout on the hard tyre, I’m happy with the speed. We started with a really good setup from the chassis and electronics side and this has helped a lot,” commented a content Dovizioso.
He added, “We have to keep improving our speed to try and fight for the podium. This is our main aim. The new chassis doesn’t change how I ride the bike, the bike is better overall than last year. The electronics are better, everything is better and it gave me the chance to be faster.

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
Well.... I'll let Dovi say it as best he could:

The harder option tyre also had Dovizioso setting competitive lap times, the hard braking of the Motegi circuit suiting the Italian rider’s style.
“I felt really comfortable on the bike today. We were second until the last five minutes on the harder option tyre. I could make a similar lap time throughout on the hard tyre, I’m happy with the speed. We started with a really good setup from the chassis and electronics side and this has helped a lot,” commented a content Dovizioso.
He added, “We have to keep improving our speed to try and fight for the podium. This is our main aim. The new chassis doesn’t change how I ride the bike, the bike is better overall than last year. The electronics are better, everything is better and it gave me the chance to be faster.

:laughing::laughing: .....That's what I'm talking about!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.