Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to the motorcycle shop and they stated that for the monster 1200 or 1200s the only risers they think will work are these 230 dollar ones from italy (60 for shipping)
Ducati Monster 821 1200 s CNC Racing Bar Riser Raised 20mm Position | eBay

Plus thats only like 1 inch boost! Id like more than that.

I saw cheaper listings but am told there is very little play and its hard to get something to work with

Has anyone put risers on their bike or changed the handlebars? Im 5'5 and need something to make the bike less tiresome. Any suggestions that you have actually tested?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,980 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Action,

I have those CNC Risers on my 821. 20mm does not sound like much, but it made a big difference in the feel of the bike for me. I'm 5' 4" and it definitely decreased how far I lean over. I'm happy with them.

There are other options that are cheaper, but I liked the fit and finish of these. They blend in nicely and almost look like factory. Plus as [email protected] said, they didn't need to change the cables or controls.

Also, after I rotated the mirrors a bit, I can now see more than just my elbows. So that was an added benefit of the risers.

Paul

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was talking to the motorcycle shop and they stated that for the monster 1200 or 1200s the only risers they think will work are these 230 dollar ones from italy (60 for shipping)
Ducati Monster 821 1200 s CNC Racing Bar Riser Raised 20mm Position | eBay
Those look great, well worth the money in my opinion. The best aftermarket stuff for Ducati comes from Italy in general, quality is usually excellent, and there are some great brands like CNC Racing, Ducabike, EVR, STM, Rizoma... CNC Racing stuff is always top notch.

The other tier for Ducati parts for less money is Chinese knockoffs, and you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Give these guys a look. I've used their riser systems on a few different bikes and they look and work well. Very affordable.

Keep in mind that if you want to raise the bars a fair amount, you'll need to re-do most of your control cables and hoses and possible electrical also.

Parts & Accessories for Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, ATVs & Cruiser Bikes ? Rox Speed FX
I agree with Patrick, I have the Rox risers on my 821 and I couldn't be happier not only can you rise the handlebar but you can also tilt it forward or backward.
http://www.ducati.org/forums/showthread.php?p=815420

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.