Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi been looking at a Multistrada GT to replace my very good Tiger SE. To this end I had a test ride on a touring today which left slightly disappointed. The main problem was the engine vibration which I found excessive when you you give it a bit of throttle. Also quite hard to ride slowly, the dealer suggested that I would have to adapt to the twin which requires a different riding style. Also anybody got the lower seat i'm a bit of a short ar-- and was tip toeing about. Any help or advice would help.:confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi been looking at a Multistrada GT to replace my very good Tiger SE. To this end I had a test ride on a touring today which left slightly disappointed. The main problem was the engine vibration which I found excessive when you you give it a bit of throttle. Also quite hard to ride slowly, the dealer suggested that I would have to adapt to the twin which requires a different riding style. Also anybody got the lower seat i'm a bit of a short ar-- and was tip toeing about. Any help or advice would helpI.:confused:
I traded-in my Panigale for the 2014 Multistrada Pikes Peak about 6 weeks ago. I don't experience any vibration and its easy to ride slowly. On the other hand I am coming off of a Panigale which had an aggressive seating position, extreme heat and did not like to ride below 45mph. My Pikes Peak is smooth riding slowly and smooth taking sharp turns too. It is comfortable riding up right. I would like to try a different contoured seat. Height is not an issue for me fortunately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not going to be as smooth as a triumph triple. There is just no way. It's part of it's character is how I look at it. The first mod you'll want to make on a multistrada is to regear it. In there factory stock state 6th gear is so high it's useless. Re-gearing will also make it slow speed manors a lot better. Do a search and you'll see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I lowered mine about an inch. It seems to help with height issues. Vibration not much you can do about that. Mine does it too. You just have to adopt and learn to ride this specific bike. I agree with the 're- gearing comment .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts