Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drained the oil today at 1500 miles and this is what I found. Black rubber like chunks, and metal particles in the oil.
History of the bike: 2014 899, 1500 miles. Oil drained every 500 miles. 3 track days on the bike last summer and a few dyno runs over the winter. Installed a slipper clutch just prior to the dyno runs, and the bike has sat ever since. I assume the black rubbery bits are excess sealant from removing the right side engine case for the slipper install. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yea I wouldn't worry, all looks normal. Once you start seeing big chunks stuck to the drain plug, that's when you should start to get worried.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Did you pull the screen from the oil sump? That's where I found some interesting stuff a couple of years ago during an investigation in to some chattering or 'knocking' noises on my 848 (turned out to be the bearing in the alternator side cover).

Here's a video where I documented all of the gunk that had accumulated in mine; if you did not remove the screen I recommend doing so, at least every other oil change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts