Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the mid-season break in motoGP...only about 3 weeks, no big deal...but what's up with WSBK?? Why do they need a break for almost 2 months?? They only have 4 more weekends of racing, but they're dragging it until november 2nd.

Also, a sad thing I just realized when looking at the calendar....no more Monza :(

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boring for sure, although with a subscription to MGP or SBK you can re-visit past seasons / races during the break. The SBK season starts a month earlier than MGP and has fewer events (13 SBK vs 18 for MGP) so they have to spread the schedule out. But SBK has had five different winners so far this season, which is four more than MGP (lol).
Yep, I've already done that. I've had the GP subscription for the last 2 years and the WSBK one since the beginning of this year.

But even though GP only had 1 winner so far this year, it definitely has not been boring so far! Amazing season in my view for multiple reasons!

Worst part is, everyone is on break this coming weekend…

No MotoGP
No WSBK
No BSB
No Motocross
No F1

At least MotoGP comes back the weekend after. F1 has been keeping me quite busy! Amazing season!
Good! Maybe I'll get a chance to get some shit done around the house without having to worry about missing out on races!

F1 has been...meh...in my opinion. I've actually missed about 4 races this season and I found myself fast-forwarding through the ones I did watch. Other than the 2 races that Daniel won, pretty much every race has been Rosberg and Hamilton. Mercedes 1 and 2 for the majority of the races where both finished. Up until the last race, Mercedes team had about double the points of Red Bull in 2nd place....which is ridiculous, especially at this point in the season. I really hope Hamilton wins in the end...but I don't think the season has been that great. I'll wait for next year and hope for a more even field.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was the small matter of Suzuka 8 hours last weekend. Or 6h35m as it turned out. Plus if you like the cars there was also the 24 hours of Spa (GT endurance racing ).
BSB at Thruxton this weekend plus World motocross GP of Belgium. ( Nagl on the Honda is something else ).
World Rally cars Finland, German Touring Cars Austria, British Touring Cars Snetterton, World Sidecar Motocross Estonia, there is a trackday at the Nurburgring and even you yanks have some Nascar and Indy car nonsense going on.

Plenty of racing out there if you just go look for it and most of it on TV somewhere in the world, which means you can find it on the internet.
Yeah but I don't care for most of that. My main passion for motorsports is with motorcycle racing...MotoGP and its lower classes and WSBK with its lower classes. AMA as well, but they've pretty much gone to shit this year and can't watch it anywhere.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A few things I don't get about BSB...

1. why are there so many americans there (and probably other nationalities)?

2. can't tell if there's more up and coming good young riders, or older experienced washed out riders that haven't been successful in the "big boy" international classes (i.e. James Ellison, John Hopkins, Michael Laverty as some examples....all raced in MotoGP)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because nobody from Europe even recognizes the AMA sanctioned racing as even existing. So if you want a career in racing, places like BSB or Moto2, are good starters. Plus, BSB = no traveling. They have one race at Assen and thats it.

Just think of BSB as WSBK, lots of seasoned older guys with a few youth sprinkled in. BSB is THE ONLY national series actually doing well today.
That's another thing, thanks for bringing it up! Why do they have a race in another country??

Also, does BSB have any smaller classes or is it just the superbikes? To me that doesn't sound like a start in a motorcycle racing career. The smaller classes are good starters, like the Spanish CIV series.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'll have to look into it then. i'm guessing by now it's close to the end of the season? when do they typically start and end?

edit: never mind...spoke too soon. just checked the website schedule, looks to be about halfway in the season

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Not forgotten you Rub. Just not in the mood for a big write up tonight. I think I'm a little depressed after being weighed at the hospital and coming in at 14 stone (89kg, 196lbs). I need a personal trainer dammit ;)

tomorrow, for sure. It's an interesting story given your questions, happy to tell it. Just not now ;)
I'd be throwing a party if I got under 200 lbs! :laughing:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A few observations:

1. Remember, here in the US we have different standards for "fat"...I know it's sad...but by our standards you're about right on average :D

2. Love the Desmo!

3. Love the BSB girls picture!

4. Didn't realize the Brits have many attractive women ;)

5. In the amount of time you spent posting your last 3-4 posts, you could've posted the one you talked about at first in regards to BSB.

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
One thing is clear. 4 years of development + Hayden + Rossi + Dovi + Crutchlow + Gigi + $100M < Casey F'kn Stoner....
:popcorn:
What does this have anything to do with anything discussed?? Weren't even talking about Ducati's motoGP program

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Title of the thread is "This is getting boring."

Forgive me for believing that watching my team not win a GP race in 4 years is boring. Or not winning a WSBK race in 2 years is boring. You seem to worry about a break in racing when there is quite a bit of racing still going on.

This thread is all over the place actually, so what are we talking about...
You are forgiven...now stop crying! Stoner ain't coming back!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Still waiting on that speech about BSB Zoot.....

In the mean time I got my hands on all the BSB superbike races from this year (first 5 rounds if I'm not mistaken)...haven't got a chance to watch any yet.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
well I've watched the first 4 rounds of BSB from this year last weekend....good stuff, and I must say those sonsabitches are crazy!! :D...those tracks are so narrow and there's barely any runoff area! Pretty much as soon as you get off the track, you're in the grass and you have to lay it down or else you hit a tire wall! Sort of similar to my local tracks except for those English tracks appear to be in an impeccable condition!

Reactions: 219R
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.