Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
There was the small matter of Suzuka 8 hours last weekend. Or 6h35m as it turned out. Plus if you like the cars there was also the 24 hours of Spa (GT endurance racing ).
BSB at Thruxton this weekend plus World motocross GP of Belgium. ( Nagl on the Honda is something else ).
World Rally cars Finland, German Touring Cars Austria, British Touring Cars Snetterton, World Sidecar Motocross Estonia, there is a trackday at the Nurburgring and even you yanks have some Nascar and Indy car nonsense going on.

Plenty of racing out there if you just go look for it and most of it on TV somewhere in the world, which means you can find it on the internet.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yeah but I don't care for most of that. My main passion for motorsports is with motorcycle racing...MotoGP and its lower classes and WSBK with its lower classes. AMA as well, but they've pretty much gone to shit this year and can't watch it anywhere.

You really ought to try and watch the BSB if you can. The bikes might not be world superbike standard ( but it will still cost you £350K to get one bike through a season ) and the racing is absolutely second to none mate.

edit:// I'll never forget this weekend. I was trackside, shooting it. Day before Tommy Hill ran me over with his damn silent electric paddock bike and then rewarded me with this finish :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
That's another thing, thanks for bringing it up! Why do they have a race in another country??

Also, does BSB have any smaller classes or is it just the superbikes? To me that doesn't sound like a start in a motorcycle racing career. The smaller classes are good starters, like the Spanish CIV series.

I have to nip to the hospital for an appointment rub but I'll explain it all to you when I come back. BSB has The motostar championship which is 125/moto3 bikes, Triumph triple challenge ( although this is the last year ) Ducati Challeng Cup ( 848 and 899 ) Superstock 600 and 1000, Supersport 600 ( incorporating evo class ) and Superbike 1000 all in one weekend. We even had those godawful Harley X1200 things one year. All noise and no go! As I said, I'll explain it in detail along with your previous question.
May as well get your info from the horse's mouth rather than someone else's google search.

Here's the website in the meantime. 2014 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in association with Pirelli

Pretty sure one of your stations is carrying it this year, or at least highlights. I forget which. I'll look later when I get back from being probed ;)

Also Spain has the CEV. ( Espania ) Italy has the CIV.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Not forgotten you Rub. Just not in the mood for a big write up tonight. I think I'm a little depressed after being weighed at the hospital and coming in at 14 stone (89kg, 196lbs). I need a personal trainer dammit ;)

tomorrow, for sure. It's an interesting story given your questions, happy to tell it. Just not now ;)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
if it helps you Rub, whilst you wait for my eloquent words of wisdom?

I may be fat and ugly but as long as I can fit in a power rangers suit life is good. If that has offended your eyes then have a picture of some BSB girls. Karla on the left is an especially wonderful lass :)

And if all else fails then have another picture I took. A side of me you never see. For every bike pic I take I must take 10 nature and wildlife images. It's what pays the bills :)

So the last one is for you. 'MERCA, FUCK YEAH! ;)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.