Ducati.org forum banner

41 - 60 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Stand down? are u kidding? bro im glad ur bike wasnt stolen but u still need to fry someones ass for the way u were robbed and treated......standing down only lets those asses think its ok to treat u like that
No no, don't misunderstand me...this was obviously a tense situation that caused him plenty of grief. I merely meant to relax and enjoy the fact that his bike is ok. By all means, thrash the dealer for being tards.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
well i picked up the bike. the job is not 100% the clutch is 70% and engages funny, the presure plate does not spin freely when i engage the clutch.

My rear carbon fibre vent cover has been pulled off on the right side?! they are going to order one for me.
I just dont understand what is going on over there?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
well here is the outcome of my service thus far, they ARE going to take care of the broken carbon fibre vent......
some one decided they would push my bike by the carbon fibre vent cover???? my flywheel doesnt spin when my clutch lever is pulled in. is this normal

·
Registered
149 Posts
You need to get your priorities in order - don't worry too much about the vent and flywheel it's the seat that requires some immediate attention........and not an F anywhere!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
my flywheel doesnt spin when my clutch lever is pulled in. is this normal what the f* :naughty: Man, work on your bike like a man.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
shit man, i do work on my bikes, but with the cost of this thing im milking the warr....

yes i was looking forward to the R:D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
this thread actually makes me scared to purchase a ducati. =(

blasphemy!!!!! i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!how dare you talk such nonsense!!!!!i say they are like a fine women, the joy of being with her and riding her makes the pain worth it!:D

did i mention i may be falling for just 1 girl, i may hang up my pimp hat boys!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
blasphemy!!!!! i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!how dare you talk such nonsense!!!!!i say they are like a fine women, the joy of being with her and riding her makes the pain worth it!:D

did i mention i may be falling for just 1 girl, i may hang up my pimp hat boys!
I think he's finally cracked it!

:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just left my bike at that same dealer, Battley, for my sprocket recall.

Hope everything turns up OK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, Not Exactly like that….

“The police lady was wonderful, she set up a report (i i called them so i have my bases covered since the place is closed till Monday) I pleaded with her to call the emergency # on file to see if they can get ahold of my service writer, I thought "Maybe they forgot it inside but DID place my key in the requested spot??"
they get the manager on the phone and his response made the cop so mad she swore never to do business with them again! this ass hole says,

" why the hell are you guys calling me about his bike? report the dam thing stolen its not my fucking problem" and slams the phone in the officers face.”

It was more like this-

“This is Officer – of the Montgomery County Police.
It’s OK, the building is secure; you don’t need to come down here.”

-OK, What’s up?

I have a gentleman here who says his bike was to be left out for a late pickup. The keys are here but no bike. Before I file a stolen vehicle report I would like to be sure that the bike was left outside. It’s a Ducati.

-Ah, I have no way of knowing that.

This guy really wants to get in touch with his service writer.

-Which service writer?

Name

-I don’t have his number. Did you call shop owner or gm. They have remote access to the store’s computer system and can get you the number.

Yeah, no answer. Do you know where he (the service writer) lives; maybe I can find something through our resources.

-DC, but he just moved there from VA a couple of weeks ago. So you may not have current information.

OK, sorry to disturb you, I’ll let you get back to sleep.

-No Problem, bye.

So you see there is a vast difference in our stories. RHD/BC has, for many years, had a good working relationship with the MCP with sales and service of police bikes. Why would I risk that relationship by abusing an officer? I suppose we could ask the officer whose version is more correct. What do you think about that idea chakarji? I’m more than willing to put my cards on the table. How about you?

And then there’s this—
“called just now and asked for service, some service guy answers the phone, i say were is my bike and explain what happened. he tells me in a condescending tone, also sarcastic,,,,," your bike is on the ramp! DID you bother to look" so i told him that the popo came out and scoured the place and wrote a report! then i tell him about the asshole on the phone and he says umm yeah well your bike is here sorry.”

Why don’t you come by the shop and you can read this to the service writer you spoke with face to face.
I’m betting you won’t. Oh yeah, you apologized to him for this when you picked up the bike didn’t you? It’s just another lie right?

So what really happened here?
The bike was left out as directed by the customer.
The GM stopped by at 9:40 Sat night to pick up a bike for an event Sunday morning. He saw the 1098 on the loading dock with a Calif tag and assumed it had been dropped off by a towing company, so he put it inside the building. This wasn’t done with malice, his intentions were good. After all, you really don’t want to leave a 1098 sitting, unattended, in an industrial park late on a Saturday night. Ok, it’s a simple mistake, and unfortunate.
So the customer shows up, 6-7 hours after the store is closed and finds no bike. He calls the police and has them start calling people (me) at around midnight, and doesn’t get the answers he’s looking for so he starts his rant on the forums.

You can’t find a forum anywhere that doesn’t have at least one of these stupid threads that bash hell out of some poor dealer, almost always over some minor mistake. But the initiator seems to always flavor the issue with embellishment and lies, as in this case, to enhance his point of view and incite support. The readers all jump on the bandwagon with their sabers rattling, talking of guns and lawyers. And they have so much gusto in them to bash the dealer even though they only have one side of the story.

Just to set you straight chakarji, I’m not a manager. I just fix bikes and run the dyno there. I’m sure some of you readers know me personally, and know that what this guy is saying about me is total crap.

Thx-

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
Well, come on, lets have a response Chakarji...
Damn Cblast, looking at your photo and reading that, it brings me back to just seconds before my dad gave me a well earned spanking.:bawling:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Listen pal!

I did come in, and i will come in tomorow, and this shit will be taken care of...............I am NOT bashing any one,,,, did you see me say " hey nobody go there!,,,,NO you didnt. and as far as what was said to the cop, thats from the police dispatchers mouth so stop talking about what you have no idea about.

UPDATE

I spoke to DNA today. they are NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ready for the fact mr dyno guy.....

1. i was told the adjustment was not covered under waranty....
this is a LIE according to customer service at DNA it is 100% under waranty.

2. I was given the # of a tow guy thats good! a specific guy! I was told straight out " Ducati has NO roadside assistance and i will have to pay"

3. do you see my carbon fibre tail vent missing, do you!!!!! are you blind????? how the fu_k does that fall off by its self. do you want to explain that to me???

4. the person that contacted the emergency # for your shop was montgomery county police dispatch, not me, the officer that responded to the calls name is officer Brandy Malocha. She was shocked at the response.

5. when i was told of the charge by my advisor for the clutch fork adjustment he said " i tried to get them to pay but its not covered, and you had watter wetter in there so it was expensive to do.....I had prestone 50 50 in there...

do your self a favor and stay out of this, Ducati asked for names, i can add you to the list if you want. they are waiting to know your response...I am supposed to call them back tomorow.........................................................

Thank you, thats all!:guitarist

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
the ring of truth

as far as an inside job??? i could see the guy that moves the bikes calling someone? but not my service guy, he is too nurdy and white.
Well, Not Exactly like that….

“The police lady was wonderful, she set up a report (i i called them so i have my bases covered since the place is closed till Monday) I pleaded with her to call the emergency # on file to see if they can get ahold of my service writer, I thought "Maybe they forgot it inside but DID place my key in the requested spot??"
they get the manager on the phone and his response made the cop so mad she swore never to do business with them again! this ass hole says,

" why the hell are you guys calling me about his bike? report the dam thing stolen its not my fucking problem" and slams the phone in the officers face.”

It was more like this-

“This is Officer – of the Montgomery County Police.
It’s OK, the building is secure; you don’t need to come down here.”

-OK, What’s up?

I have a gentleman here who says his bike was to be left out for a late pickup. The keys are here but no bike. Before I file a stolen vehicle report I would like to be sure that the bike was left outside. It’s a Ducati.

-Ah, I have no way of knowing that.

This guy really wants to get in touch with his service writer.

-Which service writer?

Name

-I don’t have his number. Did you call shop owner or gm. They have remote access to the store’s computer system and can get you the number.

Yeah, no answer. Do you know where he (the service writer) lives; maybe I can find something through our resources.

-DC, but he just moved there from VA a couple of weeks ago. So you may not have current information.

OK, sorry to disturb you, I’ll let you get back to sleep.

-No Problem, bye.

So you see there is a vast difference in our stories. RHD/BC has, for many years, had a good working relationship with the MCP with sales and service of police bikes. Why would I risk that relationship by abusing an officer? I suppose we could ask the officer whose version is more correct. What do you think about that idea chakarji? I’m more than willing to put my cards on the table. How about you?

And then there’s this—
“called just now and asked for service, some service guy answers the phone, i say were is my bike and explain what happened. he tells me in a condescending tone, also sarcastic,,,,," your bike is on the ramp! DID you bother to look" so i told him that the popo came out and scoured the place and wrote a report! then i tell him about the asshole on the phone and he says umm yeah well your bike is here sorry.”

Why don’t you come by the shop and you can read this to the service writer you spoke with face to face.
I’m betting you won’t. Oh yeah, you apologized to him for this when you picked up the bike didn’t you? It’s just another lie right?

So what really happened here?
The bike was left out as directed by the customer.
The GM stopped by at 9:40 Sat night to pick up a bike for an event Sunday morning. He saw the 1098 on the loading dock with a Calif tag and assumed it had been dropped off by a towing company, so he put it inside the building. This wasn’t done with malice, his intentions were good. After all, you really don’t want to leave a 1098 sitting, unattended, in an industrial park late on a Saturday night. Ok, it’s a simple mistake, and unfortunate.
So the customer shows up, 6-7 hours after the store is closed and finds no bike. He calls the police and has them start calling people (me) at around midnight, and doesn’t get the answers he’s looking for so he starts his rant on the forums.

You can’t find a forum anywhere that doesn’t have at least one of these stupid threads that bash hell out of some poor dealer, almost always over some minor mistake. But the initiator seems to always flavor the issue with embellishment and lies, as in this case, to enhance his point of view and incite support. The readers all jump on the bandwagon with their sabers rattling, talking of guns and lawyers. And they have so much gusto in them to bash the dealer even though they only have one side of the story.

Just to set you straight chakarji, I’m not a manager. I just fix bikes and run the dyno there. I’m sure some of you readers know me personally, and know that what this guy is saying about me is total crap.
dynoguy,

Pay chakarji no mind. Practically nobody, (except for a few other haters on here, like KOS), does. Since he joined, his posts have been filled with reactionary hatred. He's a hater. The World is full of them. It's sad but true. There's nothing we can do except return his anger with love, and hope that his heart is touched.

His story made no sense from the onset and nobody with an ounce of sense paid it any mind. For me, the low point of this most recent chakarji missive was the post where he opined that this couldn't have been an, "inside job," cause the service writer is, "too nurdy and white!" To think that it's 2008 and people still think and talk like that! How sad. I almost cried when I read that.

Your explanation has the ring of truth. Thanks for posting.

Just my opinion.

Peace, Elton

41 - 60 of 182 Posts