Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I’m new to he forum and new to my 2013 hypo. Had lots of other ducs, but never a hypo. Does anyone have any information regarding what I call a ‘hunting throttle’? When just holding a position it tends to want to accelerate/decelerate. I switched to urban mode to see if it would tame it. Seems better but still annoying lurching forward and back while on a county road.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2014 Hyper 821SP which is particularly sensitive in Race mode, not as sensitive in Sports mode when holding a steady throttle position. I've got use to it. Doesn't bother me because I enjoy blasting through twisty sections of road so the throttle is not constant for very long.

The booster plug sounds interesting though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chevy. The consensus solution seems to be a Rexxor ECU flash. I will report when I get it done next week. Meanwhile I’m really surprised no one else is bothered by this. Maybe it’s just my bike. Holding the throttle at 4K the engine surges. The throttle response is also not what I’m used to on any of my bikes which currently include a ‘97, 916, ‘10 speed triple cafe, ‘12 BMW S1000RR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed a Booster Plug on my 2008 Hypermotard 1100s and it made a HUGE difference! The bike used to be snatchy off the get go, and it was very difficult to not have the bike surge out of low RPM’s. This was especially troubling, dangerous even, while shifting through a turn when it is critical not to break the back end loose. The bike now roll’s on so smooth it’s like a different machine and is much more relaxing to ride. I no longer need to keep my wrist under tension just to meter that first fraction of the throttle, and this helps to stay loose on the bars. Without needing to pay so much attention to throttle control I can focus more on hitting the apex!

PS: Please excuse my posting this reply in multiple threads, I had to search all over to research the Booster Plug and I want to make it easier on other members. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts