Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to install Rizoma bars on my 821. I get everything removed off the old bars and them out, swapped the clamp for the Rizoma clamp, went to start putting the throttle side of things back, and I have this circular spring that does not want to fit properly back into it's space within the accelerator position sensor, with the proper tension on it so the external housing can be bolted back together. Crazy frustrating. Anyone dealt with this?

·
Registered
423 Posts
So I'm trying to install Rizoma bars on my 821. I get everything removed off the old bars and them out, swapped the clamp for the Rizoma clamp, went to start putting the throttle side of things back, and I have this circular spring that does not want to fit properly back into it's space within the accelerator position sensor, with the proper tension on it so the external housing can be bolted back together. Crazy frustrating. Anyone dealt with this?
It's a proper PITA trying to do this while on the bars...strongly recommend taking it off...fitting it together...sliding it back on...my strategy was To assemble it...then jam the spring with a stick into position...another way was to put it all in place and you kinda rotate the throttle into it's resting position...it's a bugger either way

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much @buhgaboo for the quick reply. I was going nutz!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't own a Monster but just wanted to say that this is the kind of information that is really helpful on a forum. Real usable solid repair tips!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used a piece of dental floss looped around the end of the spring, pulled on the floss untill the spring seated in the correct position. Then pulled the floss through, used this method several times and made the job easy. Spring looks nice and clean too lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts