Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I just joined this site. I used to live in PA outside of Phila in Chester county and I had a 1995 Bimota Db2 and a 1991 852 Strada. The Bimota was great on the back roads and in the twisty stuff in PA and I sold it to a collector in VA. I ride the Ducati 851 everyday to work now that I live in Florida, half-way between Miami and Ft Lauderdale. I have 8,000 miles on my 851, I usally ride it naked (no side panels) and I have a complete set of perfect, never on the bike, panels for when I want to dress it up. This bike has enough weight and is relaxed enough to ride that I love playing in traffic every day for my 12 mile (one way) to work commute and then back. I bumped up the rear sprocket to 40 from the original 39 tooth sprocket. I have after market exhaust and a chip in the bike, open air box (filter wired to the airbox, no top). Of course it backfires occasionally as every 851 I ever rode does but this just adds to my fun as I ride past the hoods here in miami and they look for the gun fire. Hope this post gets some of the 1098 crowd to realize what the first 4 valve head motor is capable of. Great ride and by the way, I take R-1 riders in the clover leaf turns down here like they are standing still. Got to love that Ducati frame into the turns, stock suspension dialed in.

By the way, I also own a Honda 2002 Blackbird (2400 original miles) that I just bought and had the heads done, exhaust, PCM, dyno time. Awesome 2-up riding for the time that I have my gf on the back. Ultra smooth power. Love the Duc for my daily ride (can it get any beter than this) and having an in-line 4 for 2 up riding over the weekend. I could have bought an ST but it is too close to my 851 and the change makes me appreciate the benefits of each bike. Wish I could own a few more too but this is good for now. Now when are the 1098 buyers going to get tired of theirs so I can pick one up at half price in 4 years.

Oh by the way, my gf let's me keep both of my bikes in the family room here at our house since we don't have a garage. Got to love her too.
Frank851

·
Registered
1 Posts
1990 851

racecomp said:
Anybody got one then!!!!
I have a mint 1990 851 that actually gets ridden! <g> Have 17,165 miles on it as of Sunday and it is a joy to ride. Bone stock except for the stock exhaust has been punched out (sounds great!) and Euro chip installed. My other duck is a 1994ss cr, amazes me that the 900 has more "grunt" down low, but of course the 851 eats its lunch on the high end. Both are "keepers".:naughty:

·
Registered
100 Posts
1988 851 Tricolour, 16000Km. 'factory kit' twin injectors, braced swing arm, alloy tank. Not many ducatis sound like this at full noise.

Also have an MV Agusta 750 F1 and have just sold my 916 SP3. Am picking up its replacement on Tuesday (1098 Tricolour).
I came on the forum yesterday to source some CF parts for the 1098.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanx , i,ve only just got the sp , its a 3 but it was in 4 clothes , i,ve got all the proper panels now so the long rebuild begins , it was in a bit of a state under that shiny fairing but has got alot of trick bits on it , skorpion spag exhaust , mag wheels , carbon tank , usual stuff , slipper clutch spondon discs ,

spike

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
wot i do need mind is the 3 subframe , its running a 4 alloy number at the min and as you,ll all know the 3 seat wont fit !!!! i,m in contact with a couple of ducatisti at the min but i,m still stuck for one , most of the guys who run 4 seats on there 3,s have altered the original 3 frame but i,m prepared to swap an original 4 for an altered alloy 3 then i,ll de alter it

spike

oooooh akropavic (skorpion ) system

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tell me exactly what you need and I'll look in Ducati World magazine here in Italy. People sell stuff all the time. Or if you want help I could help you place a want ad.

Ciao!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just joined.... I live in Daytona and am the original owner of a 1994 888 SPO LTD #0094..... 14k miles with nary a issue ( voltage reg ugh..)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a couple of Tricolore fairings on ebay right now. Had them in my garage for 10yrs thinking I may come across another "The Kit" for my collection...don't think that going to happen anytime soon!

I have a 90 851 and 93 888SPO...I ride the SPO as much as I do my Multistrada. Great bike!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts