Ducati.org forum banner

Time for a change...

5K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  jcm5 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been thinking long and hard about this for a good minute. I bought my 2013 Evo in Artic Silk in June. I laid the sucker down in August and every faring but the Tank and Upper right got replaced. The paint is a 9/10 match. I was told to leave it in the sun and the new panels will fade and come to a closer match.

Although I like the white, I am not In love with it. I kind of always wanted a Red Ducati. Idk why but it attracts me more.

I have all of the OE plastics form the crash and I know a guy that does a good job of repairing fairings. These are what I think are my options.

Option A) Source A used upper right and tank, repair the old plastics, and have them painted Red.

Option B) Paint my bike red.

Option C) Take what I have and do some kind of paint scheme that incorporates both the white and red. ( gonna need Ideas for this)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've always dug the red and white look.

You can go MORE red like the one you posted, which is very sexy. Or you can go more white like mine:

I'm not a big fan of the OEM tank to begin with… far better to spend the money on a fuel cell from either ETI or maybe sourcing an aluminum one off ebay. This way you won't have the tank expanding issues ever AND have a blank canvas!

Reactions: eljoker
#11 · (Edited)
Plain white bodywork can look alright, too. :)

Oh, and Mike. I've seen your vids on YouTube which are very well done from a usefulness and tech standpoint. But what you experienced with Mark at DucShop is most definitely not the normal brand of workmanship that comes from his shop.

Not affiliated with DucShop in any way. I just run some of his chassis bits, and have seen how a few bikes built by him and his shop perform.

-Christian

#13 ·
I work on my bikes,, and motors, every day.... During 9 months of the year I race my bike and fix/adjust/etc... on the bike after every race weekend. I also consult with Mark every week, and certainly have worked after his work..... and I have nothing... nothing but good reports on any work, set-up advice, parts, etc etc.... Totally the opposite of your experience. So be it, let us agree to disagree.. I would recommend the work/service/parts/advice to anyone having a Ducati, for any intended use. And further I know good group of folks who feel the same way. (as I do) three or four of us are having engine/suspension work done at this time. It is what it is.....Sorry for your bad experience.... (p.s. I am not connected to the Ducshop in any professional position)... Mine is purely an opinion as a consumer. No axe to grind what-so ever, only positive feedback.

Reactions: ANORXIC'51
#21 ·
Pretty much why I'm going unpainted carbon for next season, lol. A couple of guys thought I got my expert bump already when I showed up on Labor Day with the new number and no yellow plates. Based on how I'd ridden most of the year I figured I'd better come up with a different appearance for '15 since I haven't even gridded up for a race since June of '13....

#30 · (Edited)
Nothing at the moment. I'm restoring our 1975 Ford Bronco and need some cash to get it done the way I want it....my 848 Corse is paid off so, it's the one that needs to go unfortunately.

I still have my Multistrada which is smiles for miles at track days and good at everything else too. If I can only have one motorcycle, it's the Multi, hands down.

I'll get a new track bike most likely for the 2016 season....still hoping they release an 899 Corse model before then but I think that's being optimistic...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.