Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just take your time.
I loosened the controls enough to dislodge the locater tabs and slide them off the end of bars without pulling them completely apart.but you will have to undo handlebar mounts to maneuver bars to slide controls off due to lack of cable lengths.
Take the left hand grip off before you undo the handle bar mounts.
You can get to the riser mount nuts by turning the wheel full left then right. No need to take headlight off. But you will need open end ring spanner.
If your rizoma bars are black make sure you put a plastic wrap to protect bars during install as the black comes off very easy.
Gently tighten controls and position bars so you can find the best position in clamps for you. Then mark where you need locater tabs drilled. I used bit of blue tack to mark spots.
The rizoma clamps are offset for either closer or further from rider.
Looking down on the rizoma bar clamps I have mine set between 0 and +1

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just take your time.
I loosened the controls enough to dislodge the locater tabs and slide them off the end of bars without pulling them completely apart.but you will have to undo handlebar mounts to maneuver bars to slide controls off due to lack of cable lengths.
Take the left hand grip off before you undo the handle bar mounts.
You can get to the riser mount nuts by turning the wheel full left then right. No need to take headlight off. But you will need open end ring spanner.
If your rizoma bars are black make sure you put a plastic wrap to protect bars during install as the black comes off very easy.
Gently tighten controls and position bars so you can find the best position in clamps for you. Then mark where you need locater tabs drilled. I used bit of blue tack to mark spots.
The rizoma clamps are offset for either closer or further from rider.
Looking down on the rizoma bar clamps I have mine set between 0 and +1
Thanks Watky! Going to tackle it this afternoon. Pics to follow!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the tips! Install went smoothly. The windscreen did get in the way slightly at certain angles in regards to bars and lever positions. Overall a much sportier feel to it. I like em! Rizima AZ202 Risers & MA011 with 15mm rise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.