Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just found a nail poking out of my stock SC rear tire. Ducati is going to charge me $300 + service for the tire, but I've found ones for $200, so I'm probably going to order it online and have it done at a local bike shop. Question now is: is it ok for me to get the supercorsa SP V2 to replace my flat rear tire but still keep the supercorsa SP (stock) front tire? The V2 is a better tire than the original right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
464 Posts
The question of mixing tires is one that'll garner many different opinions. Some will say sure no problem. Others will tell you no way your crazy. I'm kind of in the middle.

I've run a Pilot Power rear with a Pilot 2CT front and no problems. Either of those tires will provide waaaay more grip then I can safely use on the street or back roads so I have no qualms about mixing them. I do like a matching pair though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
As long as the contour of the tires are similar, you should be fine. I would have no problem running a SP v2 rear with a OEM SP front.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
No issues whatsoever. Done it myself. Id look into patching that rear if it was just a small nail puncture. Unless your ripping it up on track I would check that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts