Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

it's time to replace my tires and was thinking about going to the Pirelli Angel GT. Has anyone tried them and have any feed back?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Angel GT is for touring bikes....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ducati.org Forum mobile app

·
Registered
23 Posts
It all depends on what you want to get out of the tire. The Angel GT is a good tire aimed at decent grip and high mileage (6-10k depending on how you ride). Most people riding an 1198 want something with a little more "stick" under them, at the expense of mileage. But, if you use your 1198 to commute and/or take longer trips, the Angel might work for you. Just remember they are NOT a track tire, so adjust your riding accordingly.

Myself, I'm about halfway through my first set of Dunlop Q3's, and I honestly have nothing but good to say about them. The handling is very neutral, not twitchy but not slow either. They stick very well, and seem to be wearing fairly well (for a sport tire). My .02 :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
It all depends on what you want to get out of the tire. The Angel GT is a good tire aimed at decent grip and high mileage (6-10k depending on how you ride). Most people riding an 1198 want something with a little more "stick" under them, at the expense of mileage. But, if you use your 1198 to commute and/or take longer trips, the Angel might work for you. Just remember they are NOT a track tire, so adjust your riding accordingly.

Myself, I'm about halfway through my first set of Dunlop Q3's, and I honestly have nothing but good to say about them. The handling is very neutral, not twitchy but not slow either. They stick very well, and seem to be wearing fairly well (for a sport tire). My .02 :)
The Q3 and the Pilot Power 3 with the dual compound can give longer life for commuters, but still have the soft sides of the tire for when you decide to get it over.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

A couple of guys i ride with just put them on their 2011 Ninja 10R and 2012 Speed Triple. We rode about 14 hours on Sunday and their Angel GT's stuck well in the corners.

I like the Supercorsa SC, but i commute on my bike about, 300 miles a week. No issues in the rain. The only tire i used where the Q2 and i ran that on my SF848 after the Pirellis were done. I am also thinking about the Q3 which like they are a great replacement for the Supercorsa SC.

i'd like more life on the tires, but I don't want to compromise stickiness of a Supercorsa SC or Q3 (which i here are nice). From what Revilla is saying and by friends, it seem like the Angel GT with give me that.

I wouldn't use them for the track. I'm in Boston and I run a SV650 for the track in NH.

thanks for the feed back folks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts