Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and just bought my 848 EVO from 2011 with Diablo Supercorsa SP tires on it. These tires are almost done...so I was looking around and found that everyone has their own opinion on which brand tire size etc. I really want to know if anyone else living in Europe recommends other tires like Bridgestone/Michelin/Continental/Dunlop on the 848 EVO, the reason is simple we don't have 9 months with 25 degrees Celsius but most of the time it's between 12-19 degrees so which tires are then the best on the bike?

Also I was thinking about 190/55 or 200/55 on the rear wheel, any suggestions? Or should i just stay with the 180/55?

Thanks all already for your replies!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I just switched to supercorsas in the 180/60 profile and immediately noticed an improvement on tip in (on the track). Really love that profile over the 55. For the street I run Rosso II, they have plenty of grip, great tread for we weather and last a lot longer as they have a harder compound in the center for commuting and street riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just switched to supercorsas in the 180/60 profile and immediately noticed an improvement on tip in (on the track). Really love that profile over the 55. For the street I run Rosso II, they have plenty of grip, great tread for we weather and last a lot longer as they have a harder compound in the center for commuting and street riding.

Hi 7!

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The 180/60 in the Pirelli V1 race tire was too large and almost contacted the swingarm on my race 848. I would never have been able to put on a tire warmer...had to switch back to 180/55.

For the street, I highly recommend the Dunlop Q3's. An incredible tire and a very low price. I actually raced 5 races on the Q3 Street tire...I was very impressed.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The 180/60 in the Pirelli V1 race tire was too large and almost contacted the swingarm on my race 848. I would never have been able to put on a tire warmer...had to switch back to 180/55.

For the street, I highly recommend the Dunlop Q3's. An incredible tire and a very low price. I actually raced 5 races on the Q3 Street tire...I was very impressed.
Thats strange. My 180/60 SC2 fits with warmers and rear hugger on and does not touch the swingarm at all.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Thats strange. My 180/60 SC2 fits with warmers and rear hugger on and does not touch the swingarm at all.

The profile on the 180/60 SP V1 or now V2
Is much taller than the profile on the 180/60 SC1/SC2.
I run the 180/60 SP V2s and love them, I had to bring back the swing arm all the way and get a longer chain. The V2s are sticky enough for me and last much longer than the SC2s.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wat is je rijstijl en rij je ook in de regen? En wat vindt je belangrijk.....b.v. levensduur van de band etc. ?

Eigenlijk wel belangrijk voor een banden keuze voor straat gebruik.

Hi Dutch,

Ik ben een beginner en wil ook wel grip in de regen hebben en zal niet op de track te vinden zijn 😅

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Thats simply because your rear eccentric was too far forward. You need to trim the stopper screw on your brake caliper, to allow you that extra room to bring it back all the way to 4 degree's. Then you can fit a 200/60 which is what I use to run on the very same bike with no problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dan zou ik adviseren tegen het nemen van een bredere band. Als je gaat forceren, krijg je vervormingen en dit resulteert in onrust in "bochtengedrag".

Persoonlijk zou ik kiezen voor een goede allround band.

b.v. bridge stone s20 evo of de michelin pilot power 3 (presteren uitstekend in het natte Nederland)

Maar ook op de zonnige (warme) dagen.

Een banden keuze is natuurlijk geheel persoonlijk en iedereen heeft z'n eigen voorkeur.

Suc6.

Super! Hartelijk dank voor de feedback! Hier heb ik nou echt iets aan😏

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all,

Again many thanks for all feedback. Update: got the Bridgestone S20EVO tires 120/190 on the bike and it rides perfect! 🎉

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Thats simply because your rear eccentric was too far forward. You need to trim the stopper screw on your brake caliper, to allow you that extra room to bring it back all the way to 4 degree's. Then you can fit a 200/60 which is what I use to run on the very same bike with no problem.
Yes. And there are a few benefits to thIs. I'd need a longer chain as I'm still running the factory chain for right now.

I'm actually going with a 190/55 next...the older style Pirelli DOT....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I think you made a good choice there. I am also living in the Netherlands, always replaced the tires with the originals Pirelli Supercorsa tires. Not a good choice for allround driving. Very good with dry weather it sticks to the road, but it won't last long...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi, I think you made a good choice there. I am also living in the Netherlands, always replaced the tires with the originals Pirelli Supercorsa tires. Not a good choice for allround driving. Very good with dry weather it sticks to the road, but it won't last long...

Thanks! And yes supercorsa SP is the best but only in dry weather...must say that the S20EVO's are very good on our roads!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts