Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lil over 800 miles on my duc and my scheduled appointment with the dealer is in two weeks.

I'm not sure if I should let the bike sit during perfect riding weather and :cry: or take it out and feel :D .

Should I change oil my self (of course with help from the forum) and get it done again at the dealer with other first service routine check up ?

Would it cause significant damage to the engine if I go to 1,000 miles before my first service?

·
Registered
938 Posts
the first due service is 600miles, if you have more than 800miles in your odometer, your first service is long overdue.

You will not hurt something if you ride it over the week end. just do not revv it to hard as your oil may contain some particles during the run in period.. Ride it for the week end then bring it to your dealer afterwards

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro. I was looking into doing my own oil change but I can't find the recommended shell oil. I'll ride and take it easy on the rpm.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I had almost 1000 miles at my first service.

I took it in at 600 and they could not do it. They said just ride it.

The first service is really just an expensive oil change.
I would not flog the bike until you get the oil changed, there could be loose metal floating in the engine.
But it is OK to just ride it normal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
what dealership were you getting your service done at? Gold Coast? B/C I'm also due for mine and seems they are booked for a quite few weeks so I was planning to take it to Cycle Therapy as I've been told that they also service Ducatis

·
Banned
786 Posts
Question for you guys. I believe my service intervals are every 10k km at this point, now do those 10k start counting when the dealer services it? or at every XX,000 miles? If I wait till 12,000 to do my belts and what not, is my light going to go on again at 22,000? or is it gonna go on at 20,000?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what dealership were you getting your service done at? Gold Coast? B/C I'm also due for mine and seems they are booked for a quite few weeks so I was planning to take it to Cycle Therapy as I've been told that they also service Ducatis
Where's Cycle Therapy?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would suggest going to gold coast. I dropped my bike off yesterday which was ten days before my scheduled appointment. The service guy estimates that my bike would be ready in two — three days.

I asked about Cycle Therapy and of course they said it was not an authorized Ducati service shop.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Mobil 1 4T for your oil. It will work just fine! Just call your dealer and ask if they reccomend you riding. Mine said to ride the hell out of it but yours might have a differant opinion. Your dealer will be the one doing the warranty work, so thats the only opinion that matters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts