Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have problem finding tools fitting to this screw, I need loosing it on my Ducati monster 821.
Somebody who can help me?
zippjo

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is the influence of VW/Audi ownership of Ducati.

12pt star bit (Otherwise known as Triple Square Bit). Not sure what size that is but search "triple square bit" on Amazon.com. There is 10piece set (4/5/6/8/9/10/12/16/18mm), $24 on amazon. I'm sure you could find larger individual bits if needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the influence of VW/Audi ownership of Ducati.

12pt star bit (Otherwise known as Triple Square Bit). Not sure what size that is but search "triple square bit" on Amazon.com. There is 10piece set (4/5/6/8/9/10/12/16/18mm), $24 on amazon. I'm sure you could find larger individual bits if needed.
Thanks for help, I have used google a lot and yes it's a 12 pt str bit but it's difficult finding 28mm , but I will try more :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
What's the torque on that thing? If its low enough, you could put a fat 6point (12if you can find it) nut in to the head, then used a large socket to turn the nut which turns the faster er in question. Nut needs to be thick enough for you to grab onto and you may need a spacer in the socket so the nut doesn't fall out of place. If its higher torque I wouldn't go this route.

A 15/16" (across flats) nut gets you 27.5mm point to point. Probably the closest you'd get going this route.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should think Ducati has this tool as they have put it on the bike :)
I have e mail the dealer, hoping they can help
thanks for all help so far

·
Registered
52 Posts
$175 if its a complete tool.

$100 if its just the bit, plus $50 for the adapter to fit it on a standard square driver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.