Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no ducati specific tools and a limited collection to begin with. What tools will I need to do a valve check for the 899?

·
Registered
156 Posts
are you getting close to 15k? or are you just preparing for the big service? online microfiche will show you special tools for the 899.
Crank locking tool and cam timing/locking tool if you have to remove cams to adjust the valve clearances/shims... now that I have a very slow internet connection tonight I wanted to confirm online microfiche would show special tools but my little spinning world is now stuck and I cant see Ducati's online microfiche...

·
Court Jester
12,025 Posts
I have no ducati specific tools and a limited collection to begin with. What tools will I need to do a valve check for the 899?
Welcome

either rent from them or use there list to purchase, I used several sight vendors and got some and the shims from Desomotimes

Desmo Times Home Page

I would think the tools for 899 are going to be the same type but you may have differences like the cam shaft gear holder.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks all. I am not close by any means to the 15k mark. I will be checking the clearances though over the winter prior to the 2015 race season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts