Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Having a hell of a time trying to get ahold of someone at ducati italy to answer this damn question!

I dont need crazy specific numbers like how many of each color, but some ballpark figures that are reliable would be nice for the following:

848 (2008–2013)
All models pre and post evo, limited editions, etc

1098 (2007 to 2009) All models, limited editions, etc in the three versions i am aware of, the 1098, 1098S, and 1098R

1198 (2009-2011) All models, limited editions, etc in the four versions i am aware of, the 1198, 1198S, 1198R and 1198SP(2011 only)

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The answer is just the right amount. There's plenty to sustain the demand for a while and not nearly as many as CBR's and GSXR's.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Somebody wanted to know the number of 848 Evo Corse's produced and couldn't get the answer here cause no one knew but they posed the question to Ducati themselves in Italy and got the answer.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Working on a product that will fit all these bikes so wanted to know how many were made of each :)

Go to the website of your area Ducati office, Ducati North America or Ducati UK and use the contact details for someone in Marketing.
You would probably best speaking to Ducati Italy explaining your project and showing why you need such proprietary information.

General worldwide sales figures of each segment of product are available in the year end and 6 month financial statements each year.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i have an email in with them already. I will try and find some numbers to call and speak with an actual person.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Judging by the posts above, does not sound like i will get a good answer from them. I have a rough idea so i'm gonna give it a shot and probably try and get a kickstarter or something going. More to come soon design almost done :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Well i have an email in with them already. I will try and find some numbers to call and speak with an actual person.
I can tell you who to contact. Again the specific information you requires is proprietary and given that the superbike models you describe are technically the same then it would be hard to justify why you would need model specific numbers.
I can probably tell you in a while how many 848/**98 models were sold over their production lifetime give or take a thousand but you are asking something specific and Ducati would want to ensure your product is not damaging to the brand or infringing any trademarks before they will cough up detailed sales data.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
15,742 in total for all those you mentioned.

Reactions: 182 Racing

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I am not after proprietary info at all, rubbish if you are serious then thats the number i am after (although based on the research i have already done that seems low).

Zoot - I dont need specific numbers for all i listed, my product fits the tail piece on the 848 bike and those are all the models i am aware of that share the same tail piece.

So really the number i am after is roughly (preferably a slightly lower than higher estimate if cant give exact number) the number of those bikes produced ever so i know how many pieces i would ever need to make.

Wouldn't want to have 50k made if only 10k bikes produced you know?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zoot shoot me a PM if you want more details about my product i just cant have the info getting out there about it just yet.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Zoot shoot me a PM if you want more details about my product i just cant have the info getting out there about it just yet.

Hey no problem, I understand and that's why I didn't already ask. I have no need to know what it is, not my business and I wish you well.

My point about the info being proprietary ( all of it is in fact but that's not the point ) is that per model sales numbers are not usually shared. The number of bikes sold is easily found, just not the breakdown so much.
Ducati generally releases numbers by categories of naked, superbike, dual sport etc. Audi are a little more specific but their info does not cover the models you are interested in.

I would think that as long as you are not reproducing trademarks then all you have to determine is if the monoposto R versions would share your product with the biposto range. And yeah, without looking that number seems about right from Rub. Superbike market worldwide was depressed for almost all of that period, in fact only Ducati and BMW managed to remain in profit.
Ducati don't do huge numbers.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey no problem, I understand and that's why I didn't already ask. I have no need to know what it is, not my business and I wish you well.

My point about the info being proprietary ( all of it is in fact but that's not the point ) is that per model sales numbers are not usually shared. The number of bikes sold is easily found, just not the breakdown so much.
Ducati generally releases numbers by categories of naked, superbike, dual sport etc. Audi are a little more specific but their info does not cover the models you are interested in.

I would think that as long as you are not reproducing trademarks then all you have to determine is if the monoposto R versions would share your product with the biposto range. And yeah, without looking that number seems about right from Rub. Superbike market worldwide was depressed for almost all of that period, in fact only Ducati and BMW managed to remain in profit.
Ducati don't do huge numbers.
Could you explain what that is exactly? Something different with the R version of the tail?

·
Registered
543 Posts
With regards to tail sections, not knowing what your product is or where it fits, the bikes that came with traction control also have slightly different tails as the traction control module is mounted in the tail section.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My 848 has the traction control box up in the tail, does not interfere with my product placement tho. ..

Should have a crowd funding campaign up shortly keep your eyes peeled If you have an 848/1098/1198. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems they were not as tight lipped as thought, although they did not answer my question (probably due to language barrier) here is the info i was provided for the 848 from them.

I replied back asking if they would be so kind as to give me a total production number for all bikes combined that share the 848 tail piece, that way i get the number i am after and they dont have to give up proprietary information. :)

Will let you know if I get a reply back, if anyone wants the email from them so they can add this stuff to wikipedia or something PM me.

In reference to your request of information, we would like to let you know that the total number of 848 EVO CORSE S.EDITION produced from the beginning of 2012 until the end of the 2013 is 2367.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.