Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was happy just a little surprised although I should not of been since I knew my straights and braking were off.

Non the less I had fun, but I'd like to be in the 1:50s before I move up.

Are you going to do OPRT late August? Raidier is in the area and wants to go. OPRT has one at pacific and one at the ridge late August.
I'm thinking about it - depends on work sched. My CDN riding buddies are instructors and control riders for OPRT.I can connect you with a fun loving bunch of quick riders. They would gladly give advice on line and body position.

·
Court Jester
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Great pics... loose that camera though to make them look even better?
Yes agree, the problem is I find that it's the best spot for the camera. Everything else I've tried there is too much vibration from the bike / wind.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Are you going to OPRT on Monday? I have to work but look for Kim Gill (control rider) and say hi from Olov. You can get Kim or Lu to follow and give some good pointers.

·
Court Jester
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'll be with OP on Thursday in Kent! I took the class as well.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ok, Kim won't be at that one, but Lu will be, from our bunch of CDNs. OPRT has some very good instructors - Several of them ride Duc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First time poster (since I never had a Duc before last year) and of course I have to post about a track day. We've never met although I'd like to think I kept passing you on the front straight at the ridge! Yeah whatever - totally flipping you a hard time! Hehe. Just wanted to connect and say I recognize your bikes. Very nice indeed. Nice to see some local talent on here. Below is a pic of my track bike and gear. Say hi if you see the big fat guy on the red/white gsxr.

Attachments

·
Court Jester
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
First time poster (since I never had a Duc before last year) and of course I have to post about a track day. We've never met although I'd like to think I kept passing you on the front straight at the ridge! Yeah whatever - totally flipping you a hard time! Hehe. Just wanted to connect and say I recognize your bikes. Very nice indeed. Nice to see some local talent on here. Below is a pic of my track bike and gear. Say hi if you see the big fat guy on the red/white gsxr.

What level?

·
Registered
9 Posts
All of them. I try to act like decent Marshall for 2-fast when I'm able to break free from life and come out and play with you guys - pretty rare as the kids get older. But admittedly on race weekends I avoid the 300 level on Friday until the afternoon when things start to calm down. Sorry if I was a douche and made you pass me within the first few turns

·
Court Jester
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm trying to figure out if I'm ready to move out of level 2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dunno - if you're asking then that's probably a good sign. But it is a big jump ... 100-200 not so big - just have to deal with more people that THINK they are faster than you in 200 level.. 200-300 - well you should probably be close to understanding how to ride the track fluidly and smoothly and not upset the machine (or the adjacent riders). It is still their responsibility to pass you safely, but you will get stuffed in corner more often than not. How you interpret that input(watch, analyze, learn) will determine how much safe fun you have in that group going forward. I learn every time I'm at the track .... and I always will. Speed is relative and there is always someone faster then me. Just enjoy it and learn and you'll be there in no time.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts