Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay all you wannabes (myself included),

i am going to do a trackday in a little over a week. what did you safety wire in regard to the oil drain? i have not even crawled under the bike yet. it seems there are lots of places that could be wired... what did you do?

tia,

rob

·
Registered
55 Posts
What are you doing about the headlight? 60 seconds auto turn off? I can escape the safety wiring. Pulling fuses is not high on my to do.

Also are you pulling the rear turn signals?

Other than the headlight and turn signals I was not going to really do anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
it depends on what the sanctioning organization requires. Most track days(Street riders, not racing practice days) only require watter wetter and covering or removal of lenses. If you have to wire it, I usually loosen the nearest fastener and drill it. They make thin washers with tabs that will accept wire as well if you don't wanna drill. I have done it both ways and they work fine. Just remember which way the fasteners turn(Its the same all the time) because I have inadvertantly wired them backwards. I never said I'm the smartest guy in the world! Good luck!

Oh yeah, usually I wire the filter to the drain plug since you have to remove them both to change the oil. So wire once instead of twice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts