1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Court Jester
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Oh NO! That Ball sucking luck couldn't have come at a worse time.

Bummer brother. Hopefully the top end is still OK.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Man, that sucks. Our bikes are dropping like flies this year. I think I'm going re-check belt tension after Monday's TD. You had a thread about doing the valves and belts, which belts did you use?

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
I can't stress enough about proper belt tension and wear when it comes to track bikes. You're ripping the rpm's constantly, so the belts get their use like a horse ridden hard and put away wet.

I have the ExactFit belts Steve. Same forum discount applies.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'll be Checking the tension this weekend too. Along with a check on my corse dynamics drain plug. I Got the fan error the other day from a small pebble in the fan shroud that jammed it up and blew the fuse. Hope it's just a belt replacement and you saved the motor.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Ohh no!!!!

That very well could be the mobile tensioner pulley coming loose. I can't believe the belt shredded like that, its very unusual.

·
Registered
66 Posts
noooooo... monica!!

(like if you get that refrence)

i would like to know what belts you were running too. im coming up on my 15k, street ridden bike, mostly highway miles. i was debating if i should buy new belts as my dealer said most belts still look brand new after 15k. hard to believe they need to be replaced that often when my car is every 150.

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Tye is on to something here T. The way that belt split, I'd be looking at the tensioner possibly as the culprit. Either loose or seized, making the belt slide off the path. The only way they split longitudinally is by rubbing against the cam pulley ends. This means they went off track.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Tye is on to something here T. The way that belt split, I'd be looking at the tensioner possibly as the culprit. Either loose or seized, making the belt slide off the path. The only way they split longitudinally is by rubbing against the cam pulley ends. This means they went off track.
Precisely! Now, I'm not gonna go on a ledge and say its absolutely the problem, but there is no way the belt snapped on its own, we can rule that out entirely. These kevlar belts are indestructible unless something mechanically goes wrong.

Besides… had the same thing happen to me once. You remember that Brian don't you? LOL :p

·
Court Jester
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Court Jester
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

·
Court Jester
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)